RE: Re: [solectria_ev] RE: RE: temp sensor on top of battery pack

  • murugac
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 1, 2013

      thanks. my changer has been charging for the past 4 hours. it looks good now. guess its a battery discharge issue.

      ---In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      It looks like it is working... But your pack might be to dead to charge at 20 amps.

      You might want to adjust down the charger to like 1-2 amps then just let it try for a day or so and see if they batteries come back up.

      Open the box with the 4 LEDs and turn the pot all the way counter clock wise, then up 10% of the range, that should set it to 2 amps. You can double check in the monlog program, it will say derated to 10% and only put out 2 amps.

      You might also need to cycle the cells a few times to get the capacity to come back up.

      Your other option is to try and charge each battery individually using a dumb charger (with that low a voltage per cell a smart charge will think it is connected to the wrong type of battery).

      On Sep 30, 2013 1:38 PM, <murugac@...> wrote:

       Hi Geo,

      thank you, yes. i checked continuity between the charger red anderson 2 pin connector to pack. thanks for the pdf pointer. let me trace that black connector to the front. last night it was charging for 10 minutes then yellow led came on.

      here is the monlog output when it was charging for the initial 10 minutes.

      ---In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Muruga-

      when you checked continuity from the Anderson to the battery negative, how did you do it?  And which Anderson are you talking about?  The one that connects the charger to the pack?

      You DO have to chase this problem to the front of the car, but hopefully not into the battery box.  Check in the "files" section of this group for a file called "156V Power.pdf".  Presumably, there is an open involving the black "service disconnect" indicated on that diagram at the upper right corner.  Look for that black disconnect, and see if it is happy.

      //Geo

      ---In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, <murugac@...> wrote:

      Thanks Wolf. I can read the voltage on red Anderson connector, my pack is heavily discharged, it reads 36v. Each battery is reads around 3v. That seems to match. I get continuity between Anderson red connector pos to battery positive, but I don't get continuity for negative connector to battery negative. Do you think that is the issue? The charger negative wire seems to be going to the front of the car. Hope I don't have to remove the front side of battery box.