RE: [solectria_ev] Azure DMOC445 Question

  • Gerry Gaydos
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26 7:09 PM
      Ah. Okay. Never mind. I have heard of this sort of problem where the controller is located too far from the motor. Hmmm. Good luck!
      Gerry

      "Internal combustion is so last century"... Funkymoto™, Electrifying Cars! 250 598 3100

    • Patrick Collins
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 22, 2013
        Update (see previous conversation included below for more info):

        We have been working to still resolve the lurching issue...
        I had been able to drive it around but we think it was in a "limp" mode
        because the motor would only hold at 12 Nm (still would lurch some).
        I made a new pedal map which seemed to help out some.
        At that time our pack was a little low, so we charged it back to 100% SOC
        to eliminate low voltage as a reason for the lurching.

        Attached is the encoder on our Azure AC55 motor. Some people had mentioned
        that may be the issue.
        To me, everything looks alright (it is brand new ordered from Azure in 2010
        with 1/2 a mile on it max).

        Does anyone have any info on the encoder specs in the DMOC445 that they
        could check with mine?
        Encoder pulses is set at 60 (how it came from Azure)
        There is an option for encoder type (range 0 - 10 in ccShell). Ours is set
        at 0.

        I also pulled up the most recent EE3LastError in ccShell: 4096
        I looked it up and it mentioned checking the EE2Pos and EE2NegOverspeed.
        Both of those are set at 8000 rpm (Max motor rpm)

        The only other thing that I can think of would be the CAN message times?
        EEXCANTxPeriod is currently 1.0 (EEXCANTxPeriod is measured in 10 ms)
        CANTSeg1 and 2 are set to 5 and 2 respectively.

        Any advise is much appreciated.
        Thank you,

        Patrick Collins
        Mechanical Engineering