Re: [solectria_ev] 3-prong charging plug welded

  • jerryp819
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 22, 2013
      Hi Sioux,

      This plug has a standard NEMA 6-20 P configuration used for 240 Volt applications.
      As mentioned by Ken, you can order the entire "flanged inlet" online at Amazon.

      If you wanted to get it fixed today, you can re-use your flanged inlet housing and just replace the damaged connector with a 6-20P plug from Orchard Supply Hardware.  I have bought these before and they are in the same price range as the one on Amazon.  Instead of a flanged housing, they are what you would expect to find on an extension cord, so you just replace the part that is damaged.

      If you are willing to wait to have one shipped to you, then online ordering will give you the completed part which would simplify things.
      Most electrical supply stores would have the flanged inlet, but they are typically closed on weekends.

      The Leviton Website has a photo of the flanged inlet at this link:

      http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ProductDetail.jsp?partnumber=5478-C&section=41854&minisite=10251

      You can find a local distributor that sells them by selecting  "Distribution" from the pull down list and entering your zip code on the "Where to Buy" part of that web page.

      Adios,

      Jerry

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013
        Thank you all for the great info. I thought it was a fancy-dancy part from Solectria. I'll check out an electrical supply house tomorrow.  It would be great to be able to drive it over to Plug-in Day next weekend.
        Thanks again!
        Sioux

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 29, 2013

          For more fun in the long-term, get yourself onto J1772.  I'm getting 2x E-motorwerks "juicebox pro" open-source charging stations.  I have the J1772 inlet from ebay, and an AVC-2 J-1772 client-side controller from modularevpower.com.

          I will be water-jet cutting the new adapter plate for under the "gas" door.  If anyone else wants one, please let me know.

          I'll let you know how it goes  :)

          //Geo