RE: [force_ev] decreased range

  • Tom Hudson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2003
      You may have a battery or two getting weak. In our car, we saw a decreased
      range like this with it and one day it completely conked out after using
      only about .2Ah.

      To check the batteries, drive it until it gets weak, then get it in the shop
      and turn on the headlights and electric heat to keep a load on the
      batteries. Then pop the battery box covers and check the voltage on each
      battery. You should find the bad one(s) pretty easily -- They'll be well
      below the other voltages.

      My original pack only lasted around 12000 miles, FYI, but I know others who
      have gotten much more than that.

      Good hunting!

      -Tom