Re: Re: [solectria_ev] Upgrade to UMOC from AMC320

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 18, 2013

      When they come in for test I have to swap the motor phases, but that could just be my test setup.

      And yeah you need an extra 12V key switched line, but it is already there on the control box that the DB25 plugs into.

      On Sep 18, 2013 12:09 PM, "EV" <ev@...> wrote:

      ALTHOUGH THE AMC 320 CAN BE REPLACED WITH THE UMOC 440 . YOU WILL HAVE TO ADD A "KEYED 12VDC SIGNAL " TO THE UMOC  ( 2PIN BLACK CONNECTOR RED/ BLACK WIRES TO IT)" ALSO YOU WILL NEED TO PROGRAM THE UMOC FOR YOUR BATTERY VOLTAGE AND MOTOR  ALL THRU  RS 232

      AT ONE TIME AZURE HAD SOME "BETA" PARAMETERS" FOR SUCH A REPLACEMENT THAT WOULD GET THE CAR GOING.. I FINE TUNED THOSE TO FIT MY NEEDS

      WOLF WHEN I DID THIS I DID NOT HAVE TO SWAP MOTOR LEADS AROUND ... NOT SURE WHY U HAD TOO... MINE IS A 1999 FORCE  ACGTX20  MOTOR

      SORRY FOR THE "CAPS" ALL OLD EYES AND POOR VISION

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 19, 2013

          AHY WOLF I THINK THAT I GET IT NOW ! ..IN THE PROGRAMING YOU CAN PROGRAM THE MOTOR DIRECTION AND PERHAPS THAT IS WHAT YOU WERE MISSING WHEN BENCH TESTING UNITS

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 19, 2013

            Possibly, I don't reprogram a controller when I am trying to fix the hardware (unless reprogramming was why it was sent to me). ;)

            I am on vacation right now with my wife and her family, so I don't have my notes with me on the UMOC, but as a recall the 12V key switch line just feeds an optical isolator that tells the main supply to come on. The main supply is fed from the pack.

            Thus it is a signal line (10mA), not a power line, so it does not need to be a huge wire.

            It has always puzzled me why they did it that way. The way they did it on the AMC controller, in my opinion, is a more elegant solution.

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 23, 2013

              I have successfully upgraded to the UMOC 440F today! I need to replace my FWD/REW switch though, does anybody know what model the 1992 Force used for that switch?

              The drive is much smoother now with the UMOC, I just need to tweak the settings for more acceleration and more REGEN, but I’m really happy with it.

              -David

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 28, 2013

                I am interested in the AMC320 as a spare for my truck, if you have no other plans for it. :)

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 7, 2013

                  Hi David-

                  Nice work!  The blue is awesome  :)

                  I'm also interested in the AMC320 as a spare for my '99, if you're willing to sell.

                  you can contact me off-list at geo (dot) homsy (at) gmail (dot) com

                  //Geo