Re: Re: [solectria_ev] Upgrade to UMOC from AMC320

  • sg101720
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 16, 2013
      I'll take a look at the motor connector and give it a shot this week while I repair the AMC320s I have.

      -David

      On 09/16/13, Wolf<wolf@...> wrote:

      Yeah, the pinouts are compatible.

      The throttle pot is fine since it goes into a high impedance analog input.

      However, the power setting pot/resistors might be off by a factor of two. (they used a constant current output, and then measure the voltage developed across the power setting pot/resistors).

      You will might also need to swap one of the motor phase wires to get it to go in the right direction. (red-white, white-red, blue-blue).

      On Sep 16, 2013 7:31 AM, <davidharrington@...> wrote:

      Hi All,

      I've been rebuilding a 1992 Solectria Force and it's almost ready for some road testing. I am having a problem with the AMC320, it will not always go forward or backwards so I'm betting there is something wrong with the main contactor/relay. In my collection of parts I have a spare AMC320 that needs repair, and I have a UMOC440 that is fully operational.

      I've been going through the manuals from the 1992 Force and from what I can tell I should be able to drop in the UMOC440 and it should be fine. My only concern is with the throttle potbox being 10K and not sure if that will affect the UMOC. Has anyone done thing before?

      Thanks,
      David
      http://solectriaforce.blogspot.com/
    • EV
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 18, 2013

        ALTHOUGH THE AMC 320 CAN BE REPLACED WITH THE UMOC 440 . YOU WILL HAVE TO ADD A "KEYED 12VDC SIGNAL " TO THE UMOC  ( 2PIN BLACK CONNECTOR RED/ BLACK WIRES TO IT)" ALSO YOU WILL NEED TO PROGRAM THE UMOC FOR YOUR BATTERY VOLTAGE AND MOTOR  ALL THRU  RS 232

        AT ONE TIME AZURE HAD SOME "BETA" PARAMETERS" FOR SUCH A REPLACEMENT THAT WOULD GET THE CAR GOING.. I FINE TUNED THOSE TO FIT MY NEEDS

        WOLF WHEN I DID THIS I DID NOT HAVE TO SWAP MOTOR LEADS AROUND ... NOT SURE WHY U HAD TOO... MINE IS A 1999 FORCE  ACGTX20  MOTOR

        SORRY FOR THE "CAPS" ALL OLD EYES AND POOR VISION

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 19, 2013

              AHY WOLF I THINK THAT I GET IT NOW ! ..IN THE PROGRAMING YOU CAN PROGRAM THE MOTOR DIRECTION AND PERHAPS THAT IS WHAT YOU WERE MISSING WHEN BENCH TESTING UNITS

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 19, 2013

                Possibly, I don't reprogram a controller when I am trying to fix the hardware (unless reprogramming was why it was sent to me). ;)

                I am on vacation right now with my wife and her family, so I don't have my notes with me on the UMOC, but as a recall the 12V key switch line just feeds an optical isolator that tells the main supply to come on. The main supply is fed from the pack.

                Thus it is a signal line (10mA), not a power line, so it does not need to be a huge wire.

                It has always puzzled me why they did it that way. The way they did it on the AMC controller, in my opinion, is a more elegant solution.

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 23, 2013

                  I have successfully upgraded to the UMOC 440F today! I need to replace my FWD/REW switch though, does anybody know what model the 1992 Force used for that switch?

                  The drive is much smoother now with the UMOC, I just need to tweak the settings for more acceleration and more REGEN, but I’m really happy with it.

                  -David

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 28, 2013

                    I am interested in the AMC320 as a spare for my truck, if you have no other plans for it. :)

                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 7, 2013

                      Hi David-

                      Nice work!  The blue is awesome  :)

                      I'm also interested in the AMC320 as a spare for my '99, if you're willing to sell.

                      you can contact me off-list at geo (dot) homsy (at) gmail (dot) com

                      //Geo