Re: Gear Case plugs

  • reed_bement
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2013
      I was never able to get mine out in my 1997 Force. I tried 70ftlb torque, impact, heat and oil. No luck. I suspect they were put in with high strength lock-tite, and I wasn't brave enough to heat them till the lock-tite broke down. I've been using the vent tube to top up the fluid.
    • EV
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2013

        YUP WHAT GORDON SAID... I USE REDLINE ATF  AS THE FLUID 1 QT PER GEAR BOX..