Files

  • rcreznyjr
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2013

      Seems like all of the groups I'm involved in have been changed to a new format.  I use to be able to read the files section but now I'm locked out.  What gives?.  I'm still trying to figure out my 97 Solectria Force intermittent operation and was relying on the files section to give me some direction.  So far I've checked all the wiring to the ignition box below the steering column. All of the components feeding it seen to be giving the correct signals-selector sw, regen sw, power and ground, charger lock out, throttle pot. It has been busy at the shop fixing ICE vehicles and has been rather hot so at the end of the day I'm burnt out and don't spend as much time on the car as I would like.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2013

        I don't think I have ever been able to access the files section, I don't have a yahoo address...

        Anyway, open your motor controller and replace the black electrolytic capacitor. The one held in with silicone:

        http://www.wolftronix.com/amc325_1435_2/images/IMG_2737.jpg

        This is the +18V bulk supply capacitor, it has dried out and no longer has enough capacitance to hold up the supply when the contactor tries to close.

        I have fixed two internment AMC drives by replacing that cap.

        Make sure to use an automotive grade replacement cap.