Re: [force_ev] Amp Hour Gauge quirk

  • Gordon Stallings
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2003
      I've removed my instrument cluster several times in order to install
      my battery monitor display. I agree that the A-H display unit is
      tough to get to. The hardest part is unplugging the three cables on
      the back of the cluster.

      But the black box is relatively easy to access in my '99. Follow the
      Amp-Hour Box Removal directions in your service manual. If you find
      the working quarters are too tight, take out the driver's side front
      seat as a first step. It's held in with only a few bolts (unplug the
      seatbelt sensor cable). There's lots more room with the seat out.

      --Gordon--

      >Amp hour meter (module) has several sections: power conditioning, "math" and
      >display (I think on my 1997, it also provides the signal for the dash mounted
      >analog voltage and current meters.) Not sure from your explanation, but is it
      >just a display problem, not a math problem in that when a .5 is suppose to be
      >displayed, the display shows a .1, then jumps to .6 ? Does it go: .0, .1,
      >.2, .3, .4, .1, .6, .7,.8 ,.9. If so a displayed .1 can be a .1 or
      >.5. but the
      >"calculations" for amp-hours are OK ?
      >
      >Would also agree space is very close under steering column to access "black
      >box" Amp-Hour module also with tight cable/connectors. I had a power
      >conditioning problem with mine, nothing like your problem.
      >
      >Dave

    • Stephen Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2003
        No it appears to be a math problem because as it counts down for example it will go from 3.40 to 3.19 as the very next character during regen and charging and continue down steadily from there ( 3.18,3.17, 3.16, 3.15, 3.14, 3.13, 3.12, 3.11, 3.10, 3.09 etc.) until it reaches 2.40 then 2.19 .

        Stephen Taylor

        pattersondr2@... wrote:Amp hour meter (module) has several sections: power conditioning, "math" and