MAX CAILB IN A FORCE

  • EV
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 23, 2013
      has anyone ever found out what the max number of calib cells 100ahr that
      will fit in a force or an e10? im not concerned with the max voltage of
      the controller or dc-dc just what is the max number of cells that will fit
      in a force and not exceed the orginal gel weight(815 lbs)

    • Charles Bliss
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 23, 2013
        52 160ah
        or
        69 100ah
        This is based on CAD models I have done and includes space for
        compression hardware. Sizes are for Thundersky, so if they are
        different, my numbers could be wrong.

        On 8/23/2013 8:43 AM, EV wrote:

        > has anyone ever found out what the max number of calib cells 100ahr that
        > will fit in a force or an e10? im not concerned with the max voltage of
        > the controller or dc-dc just what is the max number of cells that will
        > fit
        > in a force and not exceed the orginal gel weight(815 lbs)

      • Gerry Gaydos
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 23, 2013
          115.
          815lbs / 7.054 lbs each = 115.53 or 115 Calib 100AH cells, by my calculation.With interconnections and BMS, maybe 110 cells?
          Is this a trick question? LOL

          "Internal combustion is so last century"... Funkymoto�, Electrifying Cars! 250 598 3100

          To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 23, 2013
            CALB 100AH cells weigh 7.5 lbs a piece so that would be 815 / 7.5 = 108.66667

            108 cells

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 23, 2013
              Is he talking about Calb SE or Calb CA series cells. The CA series cells weigh 7.5 lbs

              ________________________________

              To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 23, 2013
                3.2Kg.(cited on their product sheet) = 7.05 Lbs by my calculations

                "Internal combustion is so last century"... Funkymoto�, Electrifying Cars! 250 598 3100

                To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
                From: dovepa@...
                Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:17:05 -0700

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 23, 2013
                  Fair enough, I don't know which one, but it's some simple math regardless.Certainly worth a person's while to get the right specs and do the calculations early in the game.

                  "Internal combustion is so last century"... Funkymoto�, Electrifying Cars! 250 598 3100

                  To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
                  From: dovepa@...
                  Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:18:52 -0700

                  To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 23, 2013
                    For the E-10, using 100amp-hour CALBs:

                    45 in the front.
                    90 in the back.

                    Maintains nominal 144V, using three parallel stings of 45 in series.

                    This is my plan anyway, when it comes time to upgrade.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 23, 2013
                      The numbers I posted were for a Force car, not for a truck. Sorry about
                      that.