Solectria to DMOC Adapter Progress

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2013
      I got a few e-mails asking about progress on the Solectria to DMOC
      adapter...

      I have been busy with home improvement, work, and repairing Solectria
      Controllers, but I had a couple of free weekends to work on it, so here it
      is thus far:

      http://www.wolftronix.com/dmocAdapter

    • EV
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 6, 2013
        GREAT JOB WOLF YOU EVEN BEAT EVTV TO THE DESIGN

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2013
          Thanks.

          Now I just need to build up a few boards, port the code over from the
          Explorer 16 board, and then write a really cool dash board instrument
          cluster for use on any Wi-Fi enabled tablet, phone, or laptop.

          On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM, EV <ev@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > GREAT JOB WOLF YOU EVEN BEAT EVTV TO THE DESIGN

        • geo_homsy2
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7, 2013
            Hey Wolf-

            are you serious about writing a dashboard? I will help; count me in! Android?

            //Geo

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 8, 2013
              Yup, the preliminary design is done and I have a functional prototype with
              simple gauges.

              Currently it is running on a wired Ethernet connection to a Wi-Fi router,
              so I just need to port the webserver over to the new Wi-Fi module.

              It is not an app, just a website you can browse to.

              I have it running on my Tegra2 powered (2 year+ old android tablet), and on
              my Droid DNA phone, using the chrome browser.

              It runs twice as fast on the phone, but it is acceptable on the old tablet.

              It also works with Apple products and has been tested with an iPhone 4, and
              an iPad 2 (testing on Apple products requires friends to stop by, since I
              don't own any Apple products).

              After porting it over to the new Wi-Fi module, I want to write some code to
              draw photorealistic gauges.

              Now, although the DMOC adapter was designed for another application, I have
              kept the wireless dash board application in mind for use in my truck, and
              such there are provisions to add two RS422 drivers and two RS232 drivers to
              pick up data from the battery charger and motor controllers. It also has
              enough analog and digital I/O to pick up all the switches, voltage, and
              current. And it also may conveniently fit in the center console. ;)

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 28, 2013
                http://www.wolftronix.com/dmocAdapter/index.html

                Scroll to the bottom.

                Planning to spin a motor over Labor day weekend...

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 31, 2013
                  Cool stuff! Good luck this weekend.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 1, 2013
                    It spins. :)

                    Motor Spinning:
                    http://youtu.be/iGng4nJ_Spk

                    Overview:
                    http://youtu.be/pu7vlrcVLQI

                    Next, USB boot loader, SD card, and WiFi...

                    Then ftp server, web server, and code for the digital dash board...