Re: Alternative Motor Speed Sensor

  • Sean K
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2013
      Thanks!
      I don't think that the rpm specs will be an issue,
      from the figures I've seen on this group each 1k rpm from the motor gets you about 7 mph, so we aren't going to be anywhere near the 18k motor spec...

      Axial play in the motor will still be a concern, you will need to make sure sure your bearings are in good shape just like with the optical, but so far the amt102 seems pretty hardy and in the event that the encoder is destroyed they can be sourced through digikey for under $30, and the mounting bracket/shaft adapter shouldn't
      cost much to replace either if those were to be damaged, I'm hoping to get access to a 3d printer so that I can come up with something better, will keep the group updated on my progress.

      -Sean