Re: [solectria_ev] looking for a solectria - please reach me if you know anyone

  • Doug Jackson
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 18, 2013
      Sean;

      I just wanted to point out that my 1999 Solectria Force is for sale. I live in Berkeley. It wouldn't be hard to trailer it to Fresno. That's how I got it from Santa Cruz to Berkeley several years ago. The car has some issues and if you are willing to deal with them, it would be worthwhile considering. I was asking $6k but I would be ok with $4k. I have a detailed writeup about the car if you would like to see it.

      Doug Jackson
      adjackson3.org

      p.s.: If you reply to this email, please do a "reply all". That way if I have included other recipients, they will also get your reply.

    • Sean K
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 18, 2013
        I'll have to check with the wife, she's been pretty strong against me getting another since the one we have broke down on the 3rd day after we bought it, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to convince her.

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Doug Jackson <doug@...> wrote:

        > Sean;
        >
        > I just wanted to point out that my 1999 Solectria Force is for sale. I live in Berkeley. It wouldn't be hard to trailer it to Fresno. That's how I got it from Santa Cruz to Berkeley several years ago. The car has some issues and if you are willing to deal with them, it would be worthwhile considering. I was asking $6k but I would be ok with $4k. I have a detailed writeup about the car if you would like to see it.
        >
        > Doug Jackson
        > adjackson3.org
        >
        > p.s.: If you reply to this email, please do a "reply all". That way if I have included other recipients, they will also get your reply.
        >
        > On Jul 18, 2013, at 12:30 PM, Sean K <seankmc@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi Larry,
        > >
        > > I'm guessing you wouldn't want to bring it to me, I'm in Fresno, California. I think $3500 is a decent price, but after talking to my home boss(wife), I'd better not.
        > >
        > > Please let me know if you do end up parting it out, I'm mainly interested in the motor and motor speed sensor. Also if we could figure out a way to ship the batteries to me for a decent price I'd be interested.
        > >
        > > -Sean
        > > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Larry Oslund <larryoslund@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Sean,
        > > > It has been about a year since the "accident". The car has been garaged and
        > > > the batteries have been kept charged.
        > > > I was initially going to make a project of it with my 17 year old son and
        > > > we just were never able to get to it, so about 5 months ago I put it in the
        > > > care of a good friend of mine at church. He does body work and general
        > > > fixer-up kind of stuff, but he has been super busy too so it is a
        > > > little disappointing.
        > > > It was such a cool car and we used it regularly.
        > > > I have seriously been considering parting it out, as it seems all the
        > > > components are in pretty high demand for general repairs.
        > > > Heck, the 13 sealed 12V batteries (which cost over $4 new), are still
        > > > really good and worth some decent money.
        > > > At this point, I would consider any serious offers over $3500 for the
        > > > entire car as it sits.
        > > > I might even deliver it if you are a reasonable distance away.
        > > > Where are you located?
        > > > Thanks,
        > > > Larry

        > > > --
        > > > *Larry Oslund*

      • geo_homsy2
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 20, 2013
          I could be convinced to part with mine. I'm not sure if you're looking for a "project", or for a fully functional vehicle. Mine is the latter:

          * 99 Force
          * 21xxx miles
          * 56x CALB 100 Ah, with 8000 miles on them, never charged past 80%, never discharged past 30%, balanced within 20 millivolts
          * 80 mile range
          * eLithion BMS
          * custom arduino-based LED bargraph programmable dashboard display (right now, gives ammeter, SOC, and BMS warnings)

          Body clean; never hit; original paint, white, a bit oxidized
          Interior clean

          Lemme know if you're interested. I'm also in the San Francisco Bay Area

          //Geo
          415 571 9933