Re: looking for a solectria - please reach me if you know anyone

  • siouxtrees
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 14, 2013
      Sly
      I am in process of selling my 97 Solectria Force. I am in SF Bay Area. Car is in very good shape. I can supply details if you are interested.
      Sioux
    • Joe Booth
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 15, 2013
        We may have several in Connecticut and a few in Mass. that need batteries. What body style and year range are you looking for?  What state are you in?  I am not a dealer or a broker but I do own a few older electric vehicles and try to help people get retired cars into good hands. We can talk off line if you wish.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 15, 2013
          Sly,
          I have a 99 Solectira that went into a ditch at low speed.
          All electrical components are fine, it just needs some body work on the
          right front side.
          I was going 50+ miles on a charge with a good set of 13 sealed 12V
          batteries.
          Has AC components too.
          I live in the Asheville, NC area
          What location of the country are you in?
          Thanks,
          Larry

          On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM, sly_118 <sylvain.bourbonnais@...>wrote:

          *Larry Oslund*

        • Doug Jackson
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 15, 2013
            I'll chime in.

            I have a 1999 Solectria Force for sale in the SF Bay Area. I've had it for seven years but recently purchased a 2012 RAV4 EV. I no longer drive the Solectria so it needs a new home.

            Doug Jackson
            adjackson3.org

            p.s.: If you reply to this email, please do a "reply all". That way if I have included other recipients, they will also get your reply.

            On Jul 15, 2013, at 4:08 AM, Larry Oslund <larryoslund@...> wrote:

            > Sly,
            > I have a 99 Solectira that went into a ditch at low speed.
            > All electrical components are fine, it just needs some body work on the
            > right front side.
            > I was going 50+ miles on a charge with a good set of 13 sealed 12V
            > batteries.
            > Has AC components too.
            > I live in the Asheville, NC area
            > What location of the country are you in?
            > Thanks,
            > Larry
            >
            > On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM, sly_118 <sylvain.bourbonnais@...>wrote:
            >
            >> **
            >>

            > --
            > *Larry Oslund*

          • Michael
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 16, 2013
              Doug, how much are you asking for the 99?
              -Michael.

              --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Doug Jackson <doug@...> wrote:

              > I'll chime in.
              >
              > I have a 1999 Solectria Force for sale in the SF Bay Area. I've had it for seven years but recently purchased a 2012 RAV4 EV. I no longer drive the Solectria so it needs a new home.
              >
              > Doug Jackson
              > adjackson3.org
              >
              > p.s.: If you reply to this email, please do a "reply all". That way if I have included other recipients, they will also get your reply.
              >
              > On Jul 15, 2013, at 4:08 AM, Larry Oslund <larryoslund@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Sly,
              > > I have a 99 Solectira that went into a ditch at low speed.
              > > All electrical components are fine, it just needs some body work on the
              > > right front side.
              > > I was going 50+ miles on a charge with a good set of 13 sealed 12V
              > > batteries.
              > > Has AC components too.
              > > I live in the Asheville, NC area
              > > What location of the country are you in?
              > > Thanks,
              > > Larry
              > >
              > > On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM, sly_118 <sylvain.bourbonnais@...>wrote:
              > >
              > >> **
              > >>

              > > --
              > > *Larry Oslund*

            • Sean K
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 16, 2013
                Hi Larry, how much were you looking to get out of your force? how long has it been sitting since the accident? Have the batteries been kept charged?

                Thanks,
                Sean

                --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Larry Oslund <larryoslund@...> wrote:

                > Sly,
                > I have a 99 Solectira that went into a ditch at low speed.
                > All electrical components are fine, it just needs some body work on the
                > right front side.
                > I was going 50+ miles on a charge with a good set of 13 sealed 12V
                > batteries.
                > Has AC components too.
                > I live in the Asheville, NC area
                > What location of the country are you in?
                > Thanks,
                > Larry
                >
                > On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM, sly_118 <sylvain.bourbonnais@...>wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > --
                > *Larry Oslund*

              • Larry Oslund
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 17, 2013
                  Hi Sean,
                  It has been about a year since the "accident". The car has been garaged and
                  the batteries have been kept charged.
                  I was initially going to make a project of it with my 17 year old son and
                  we just were never able to get to it, so about 5 months ago I put it in the
                  care of a good friend of mine at church. He does body work and general
                  fixer-up kind of stuff, but he has been super busy too so it is a
                  little disappointing.
                  It was such a cool car and we used it regularly.
                  I have seriously been considering parting it out, as it seems all the
                  components are in pretty high demand for general repairs.
                  Heck, the 13 sealed 12V batteries (which cost over $4 new), are still
                  really good and worth some decent money.
                  At this point, I would consider any serious offers over $3500 for the
                  entire car as it sits.
                  I might even deliver it if you are a reasonable distance away.
                  Where are you located?
                  Thanks,
                  Larry

                  On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Sean K <seankmc@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Hi Larry, how much were you looking to get out of your force? how long has
                  > it been sitting since the accident? Have the batteries been kept charged?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Sean
                  >

                  > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Larry Oslund <larryoslund@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Sly,
                  > > I have a 99 Solectira that went into a ditch at low speed.
                  > > All electrical components are fine, it just needs some body work on the
                  > > right front side.
                  > > I was going 50+ miles on a charge with a good set of 13 sealed 12V
                  > > batteries.
                  > > Has AC components too.
                  > > I live in the Asheville, NC area
                  > > What location of the country are you in?
                  > > Thanks,
                  > > Larry
                  > >
                  > > On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM, sly_118 <sylvain.bourbonnais@...>wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > **
                  > > >

                  > > --
                  > > *Larry Oslund*

                  *Larry Oslund*

                • Sean K
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 18, 2013
                    Hi Larry,

                    I'm guessing you wouldn't want to bring it to me, I'm in Fresno, California. I think $3500 is a decent price, but after talking to my home boss(wife), I'd better not.

                    Please let me know if you do end up parting it out, I'm mainly interested in the motor and motor speed sensor. Also if we could figure out a way to ship the batteries to me for a decent price I'd be interested.

                  • Doug Jackson
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 18, 2013
                      Sean;

                      I just wanted to point out that my 1999 Solectria Force is for sale. I live in Berkeley. It wouldn't be hard to trailer it to Fresno. That's how I got it from Santa Cruz to Berkeley several years ago. The car has some issues and if you are willing to deal with them, it would be worthwhile considering. I was asking $6k but I would be ok with $4k. I have a detailed writeup about the car if you would like to see it.

                      On Jul 18, 2013, at 12:30 PM, Sean K <seankmc@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Larry,
                      >
                      > I'm guessing you wouldn't want to bring it to me, I'm in Fresno, California. I think $3500 is a decent price, but after talking to my home boss(wife), I'd better not.
                      >
                      > Please let me know if you do end up parting it out, I'm mainly interested in the motor and motor speed sensor. Also if we could figure out a way to ship the batteries to me for a decent price I'd be interested.
                      >
                      > -Sean
                      > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Larry Oslund <larryoslund@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi Sean,
                      > > It has been about a year since the "accident". The car has been garaged and
                      > > the batteries have been kept charged.
                      > > I was initially going to make a project of it with my 17 year old son and
                      > > we just were never able to get to it, so about 5 months ago I put it in the
                      > > care of a good friend of mine at church. He does body work and general
                      > > fixer-up kind of stuff, but he has been super busy too so it is a
                      > > little disappointing.
                      > > It was such a cool car and we used it regularly.
                      > > I have seriously been considering parting it out, as it seems all the
                      > > components are in pretty high demand for general repairs.
                      > > Heck, the 13 sealed 12V batteries (which cost over $4 new), are still
                      > > really good and worth some decent money.
                      > > At this point, I would consider any serious offers over $3500 for the
                      > > entire car as it sits.
                      > > I might even deliver it if you are a reasonable distance away.
                      > > Where are you located?
                      > > Thanks,
                      > > Larry
                      > >
                      > > On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Sean K <seankmc@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > **
                      > > >

                      > > > Hi Larry, how much were you looking to get out of your force? how long has
                      > > > it been sitting since the accident? Have the batteries been kept charged?
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks,
                      > > > Sean

                      > > --
                      > > *Larry Oslund*

                    • Sean K
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 18, 2013
                        I'll have to check with the wife, she's been pretty strong against me getting another since the one we have broke down on the 3rd day after we bought it, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to convince her.

                      • geo_homsy2
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 20, 2013
                          I could be convinced to part with mine. I'm not sure if you're looking for a "project", or for a fully functional vehicle. Mine is the latter:

                          * 99 Force
                          * 21xxx miles
                          * 56x CALB 100 Ah, with 8000 miles on them, never charged past 80%, never discharged past 30%, balanced within 20 millivolts
                          * 80 mile range
                          * eLithion BMS
                          * custom arduino-based LED bargraph programmable dashboard display (right now, gives ammeter, SOC, and BMS warnings)

                          Body clean; never hit; original paint, white, a bit oxidized
                          Interior clean

                          Lemme know if you're interested. I'm also in the San Francisco Bay Area

                          //Geo
                          415 571 9933