voltmeter

  • russell_fauver
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 12, 2013
      I bought a Westach voltmeter to monitor pack voltage and need a good place to hook it up. Any suggestions for a good place to hook it to?

      Thanks,
      Russell
    • Brett Kelien
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 13, 2013
        The A pillar is where I plan to move all of mine to . I have several A pillar pods for S10's . If anyone else wants one as well.

      • William Swann
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 13, 2013
          What is the A pillar?

          On Saturday, July 13, 2013, Brett Kelien wrote:

          > **
          >

          > The A pillar is where I plan to move all of mine to . I have several A
          > pillar pods for S10's . If anyone else wants one as well.

          Thanks, Bill S
          Ph 832-338-3080
          www.watt-tracker.com
          www.promotingevs.com

        • theoldcars
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 13, 2013
            The A pillar is by the windshield and down. Also your front door bolts to it.

            By the way I still have over one hundred of the new CALB 100 AH CA gray cells that were not paid for. All over 116AH

            I can not post prices because they are lower then anyone else is selling for. Contact me off list.

            Don Blazer

            Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 29, 2013
              found a good solution for installing a voltmeter. I used a 100-200 voltmeter, a 12 volt light kit and a 2" bullet case all made by Westach. Aircraft Spruce carries Westach products so I bought it all through them. Total price for everything came in just under $100. The mounting clamp that came with bullet case needed to be bent just a little to get it to fit on the windshield lug where the rearview mirror mounts. No holes or mods needed to be made to the car. I ran the wires up behind the mirror, above the headliner then down inside the A pillar. I'll put a couple pics in my lithium conversion folder.

              Russell

              --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "russell_fauver" <russell_fauver@...> wrote:

              > I bought a Westach voltmeter to monitor pack voltage and need a good place to hook it up. Any suggestions for a good place to hook it to?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Russell

            • Charles Bliss
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 29, 2013
                You can also purchase direct from Westach and you can have them
                customize to match your exact needs. Great people to work with. They
                also service the gages.

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 30, 2013
                  Do you have a contact (email address) for someone you have worked with over
                  at Westach?

                  I need to have my volt meter refurbished, it is now off by 20 Volts.

                  I took it out to see if I can open it, but it looks like it is friction
                  welded, (or glued really well), I can't figure out how to open it to
                  replace the resistor that is going bad.

                  On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Charles Bliss <cbliss@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > You can also purchase direct from Westach and you can have them
                  > customize to match your exact needs. Great people to work with. They
                  > also service the gages.
                  >
                  > On 7/29/2013 1:05 PM, russell_fauver wrote:
                  > >
                  > > found a good solution for installing a voltmeter. I used a 100-200
                  > > voltmeter, a 12 volt light kit and a 2" bullet case all made by
                  > > Westach. Aircraft Spruce carries Westach products so I bought it all
                  > > through them. Total price for everything came in just under $100. The
                  > > mounting clamp that came with bullet case needed to be bent just a
                  > > little to get it to fit on the windshield lug where the rearview
                  > > mirror mounts. No holes or mods needed to be made to the car. I ran
                  > > the wires up behind the mirror, above the headliner then down inside
                  > > the A pillar. I'll put a couple pics in my lithium conversion folder.
                  > >
                  > > Russell
                  > >
                  > > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
                  > > <mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>, "russell_fauver"
                  > > <russell_fauver@...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I bought a Westach voltmeter to monitor pack voltage and need a good
                  > > place to hook it up. Any suggestions for a good place to hook it to?
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks,
                  > > > Russell

                • Gerry Gaydos
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 30, 2013
                    Address: 3400 Westach Way, Sonoma, CA 95476Phone: Monday to Thursday 7:30AM-4:00PM PST | (707) 938-2121
                    Fax: (707) 938-4968
                    Product Info: westach@...
                    Sales and Pricing: westach@... or westach@...
                    Technical Info: westach@...
                    Webmaster: mattcornelius@...

                    "Internal combustion is so last century"... Funkymoto�, Electrifying Cars! 250 598 3100

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 30, 2013
                      Well, I was kind of hoping for an actual contact, someone that has dealt
                      with refurbishing Solectria meters...

                      Anyway, I updated my E10 page:
                      Scroll to the very bottom...
                      http://www.wolftronix.com/E10/index.html

                      I had a battery connection fail... And I think it was because it was to
                      stiff, so my new battery connections have a curve to them to allow for
                      battery movement / vibration.

                      Just a note, if you have non-flexible battery connections, you might want
                      to inspect them.

                    • Charles Bliss
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 30, 2013
                        If you call, I think you will get Candice. I think there are a couple
                        of people there that do the work. They build them there, so it follows
                        it they can fix them.
                        I had a couple fixed, and have purchased duplicate gages from them.
                        Highly recommended.
                        http://westach.com/

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 30, 2013
                          The Bezel is glued on. You can peal it off. I have done it a couple
                          times. An Exacto knife works well.
                          I removed mine because I sunk the movements into my dash, without the
                          bezels.
                          http://cbliss.com/Solectria/photos/DashWithDisplay.html
                          (ps: the digital display was replaced with a cycle analyst small display)