Re: [solectria_ev] Level 2 EVSE for as low as $99 - deadline is July 24th

  • paul dove
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10, 2013
      Your link does not seem to work

      ________________________________
      From: "Pohorsky@..." <Pohorsky@...>
      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:07 AM
      Subject: [solectria_ev] Level 2 EVSE for as low as $99 - deadline is July 24th

      Howdy,

      I am forwarding a message from a fellow Electric Auto Association (EAA) member: Dr. Valery Miftakhov.
      He has an EV conversion business for BMW 3 series sedans and also has developed a couple of products.
      The first product is a 12 kW charger that is available either as a kit or as a finished and tested unit.

      The latest product is a low cost EVSE that is available in several versions including a $99 kit and a completely finished and tested unit.
      So far a few prototype units have been built and tested using an "open source" design.
      He is now ready for a large production run and needs some capital to get a volume discount on the parts.

      He plans to raise $25,000 in funding to start production using a clever funding scheme that is described briefly in his email below.
      Basically, he is looking for pledges from us to buy one or more EVSE units at bargain prices.

      If he gets enough pledges by the deadline, he will go into production.
      He is more than halfway there already and there are still a few more days to get in on this deal.
      There are links to his videos below which do a great job of explaining how this works.
      I am getting in on the deal myself and I have heard from several other EAA members who are also joining in.

      You don't pay a cent until he has at least $25 K in pledges and then you only pay for the EVSE that you wanted in the first place.

      Adios,

      Jerry Pohorsky

      Hello,

      We are running a KickStarter campaign for our newest product - a $99 Level 2 EVSE.
      The campaign runs until July 24th and we want to let people about this new open source product.

      Please check out our campaign at
      http://www.kickstarter.com/ projects/1076207974/emw- juicebox-an-open-source-level- 2-ev-charging-st .

      Feel free to send this around to anyone who might be interested (which is, I hope, every EV owner who is still charging from a factory-supplied 120V plug).

      Thanks,
      -
      Valery Miftakhov, Ph.D.
      Founder, Electric Motor Werks - High Performance Electric Vehicle Conversions
      http://www.eMotorWerks.com
      As seen on Engadget: http://www.engadget com/2012/05/22/electric-motor- werks-hands-on-at-maker-faire- video/

    • jerryp819
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 10, 2013
        Hi Paul,

        This is something that often happens with Yahoo groups - especially with long links.

        You can try copying and pasting the link text into your browser.
        Yahoo also removed the bold text that I think makes the message easier to read.

        I will put the links again below, and I have also copied your personal email, so the copy you get there may survive better than the Yahoo version.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 12, 2013
          Thanks Jerry! Got two of them on the way - one for home, one for work.

          Open source -- Nice!

          Now I just have to finish my J1772 inlet conversion and I'll be all set to L2 charge in public.

          Who else here has done a J1772 conversion? Any details from those who've gone before me?

          //Geo

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12, 2013
            I am also interested in a J1772 conversion...

            We have a Whole 4 charging stations in 1 in Champaign, and 3 are in the
            Nissan dealership in Savoy (open to the public), which is conveniently
            located next to the IMAX theater.

            Drive over, plug in, watch movie. ;)

          • Rick Beebe
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 12, 2013
              I highly recommend the AVC2 from Modular EV Power. It takes all the pain
              out of talking to the EVSE.

              http://modularevpower.com/

              He also sells J1772 inlets. You can also buy his stuff from EVTV
              (http://store.evtv.me/proddetail.php?prod=AVC2)

              For those looking at the EWM EVSE kit, there are alternatives:

              Look on the Modular EV Power website for a couple variations of
              open-source EVSE hardware.

              A third EVSE option is Open-EVSE http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/

              --Rick