Re: [solectria_ev] AC320 controller

  • Doug Brentlinger
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 6, 2013
      I think Wolf can fix these.

      doug

      ________________________________
      From: EV <ev@...>
      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, July 6, 2013 5:51 AM
      Subject: re: [solectria_ev] AC320 controller

      the only person who had schemtic of the controller are brusa and the guy andy kurspan?? in germany who still repairs them ($$$)..although solectria had some schemetics they have long since found there way in to the trash (ugh)..many have tried to purchase both schmetics of the ac3XX and the nlg4XX but to no avail.. perhap some day ..lol... until then wolf is your best bet at gettting it running again ..xformers/cores /parts are becomeing hard to find for the amc3xx controllers

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
        I can take a look at the controller and see if I can get it back up and
        running.

        Thanks,
        Wolf
        On Jul 5, 2013 4:15 PM, "RALPH PISCIOTTA" <pisciottaelectric@...>
        wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hello,
        > I am new here, and was very grateful to find a Solectria group.
        > I am on the board of a non-profit REDI [redinet.org] and we were given a
        > 1994 Solectric Force. It has two controllers- model ac320 - 144volt for
        > ACgn20 three phase motors. Recently one of the controllers stopped working.
        > I swapped controllers to find out why the vehicle didn't have as much
        > acceleration- it used to 'burn rubber', a nice feature when driving in
        > traffic. Both motors are working and I pulled out and opened the bad
        > controller, and there were no blown fuses, it looked clean, almost new, no
        > signs, or smells that would indicate failure.
        > I am an electrician, and have a associate degree in electronics, so I am
        > smart enough to know when to get help fixing things. I might dig deeper
        > with a schematic or a troubleshooting guide, but have found neither.
        > REDI is having its' 20th anniversary next year, and twenty years ago we
        > promoted an EV race here in northern California, and a Solectria Force won
        > the race. So we would love to have our Solectria running in top form--
        > ours is still running on one motor, and the original SAFT nicad batteries.
        > Thank you,
        > Ralph Pisciotta
        > REDI board member
        > Willits Electric

      • RALPH PISCIOTTA
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 14 2:33 PM
          Hi Wolf,
          Thanks for offering to take a look at the controller.  It has been awhile since you offered and I hope you are not too busy.  We did get another controller, which I installed, so the car is back on the road.  The controller we got was used and didn't have the output cables to the motor, or the input cables, both of which I took off the controller that needs repair. If this is a problem for you I can make up some cables, let me know.  I attach several photos, 2 showing the missing cables, and another of a board that showed some corrosion, which is marked within a red rectangle.
          Let me know where to ship, if you can take a look.
          Thanks,
          Ralph Pisciotta

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 14 6:23 PM
            I am a bit busy right now with the DMOC adapter (got the parts and boards
            in, populated the SMPS and they are working, populating the micro and
            support components now)...

            I have a set of cables, so I don't need any.

            None of the photos made it thru... not sure any attachments make it thru
            the Yahoo group...

            Since you don't need it ASAP, (your car is working on the other
            controller), you can either hold on to it, or ship it to me, and then when
            I get less busy I can take a look at it.

            Wolf
            *wags his tail*
            www.wolftronix.com

          • Andy Rich
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 14 6:39 PM
              Wolf, I have a simple issue with an older UMOC, where is your place? Are
              you in MA?

              pisciottaelectric@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Hi Wolf,
              > Thanks for offering to take a look at the controller. It has been
              > awhile since you offered and I hope you are not too busy. We did get
              > another controller, which I installed, so the car is back on the road.
              > The controller we got was used and didn't have the output cables to
              > the motor, or the input cables, both of which I took off the
              > controller that needs repair. If this is a problem for you I can make
              > up some cables, let me know. I attach several photos, 2 showing the
              > missing cables, and another of a board that showed some corrosion,
              > which is marked within a red rectangle.
              > Let me know where to ship, if you can take a look.
              > Thanks,
              > Ralph Pisciotta
              >
              > ________________________________

              Wolf
              *wags his tail*
              www.wolftronix.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 14 7:00 PM
                Near Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
                On Aug 14, 2013 8:39 PM, "Andy Rich" <elvamk5@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Wolf, I have a simple issue with an older UMOC, where is your place? Are
                > you in MA?

              • RALPH PISCIOTTA
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 9, 2013
                  Hi Wolf,
                  I wrote you back in August about looking at the motor controller on the Solectric '94 Force that I maintain for REDI.  You were busy then and I am wondering if I can send it now, there is no hurry as the car is working.
                  Please give me an address if you can look at it.
                  Thanks for all your work on Solectria's.
                  Ralph Pisciotta
                  Wilits Electric
                  65 N Marin Street
                  Willits, CA 95490
                  cell 707 272 4436

                  pisciottaelectric@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Hi Wolf,
                  > Thanks for offering to take a look at the controller.  It has been awhile
                  > since you offered and I hope you are not too busy.  We did get another

                  controller, which I installed, so the car is back on the road.  The
                  > controller we got was used and didn't have the output cables to the motor,
                  > or the input cables, both of which I took off the controller that needs
                  > repair. If this is a problem for you I can make up some cables, let me
                  > know.  I attach several photos, 2 showing the missing cables, and another
                  > of a board that showed some corrosion, which is marked within a red
                  > rectangle.
                  > Let me know where to ship, if you can take a look.
                  > Thanks,
                  > Ralph Pisciotta
                  >
                  > ________________________________

                  Wolf
                  *wags his tail*
                  www.wolftronix.com

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      solectria_ev-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      solectria_ev-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 10, 2013

                    Yeah, you can send it in...

                    I can get it on the bench and do a quick check on it, if it is simple fix I can get it back quickly, but if it is serious, then it might have to be after new years.

                    I am working on a AMC325 right now that is quite serious.

                    WolfTronix LLC
                    2239 Marilyn Drive
                    Saint Joseph, IL 61873