re: [solectria_ev] AC320 controller

  • EV
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 6 5:51 AM
      the only person who had schemtic of the controller are brusa and the guy andy kurspan?? in germany who still repairs them ($$$)..although solectria had some schemetics they have long since found there way in to the trash (ugh)..many have tried to purchase both schmetics of the ac3XX and the nlg4XX but to no avail.. perhap some day ..lol... until then wolf is your best bet at gettting it running again ..xformers/cores /parts are becomeing hard to find for the amc3xx controllers

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 6 11:13 AM
        I think Wolf can fix these.

        doug

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 9 8:26 AM
          I can take a look at the controller and see if I can get it back up and
          running.

          Thanks,
          Wolf
          On Jul 5, 2013 4:15 PM, "RALPH PISCIOTTA" <pisciottaelectric@...>
          wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hello,
          > I am new here, and was very grateful to find a Solectria group.
          > I am on the board of a non-profit REDI [redinet.org] and we were given a
          > 1994 Solectric Force. It has two controllers- model ac320 - 144volt for
          > ACgn20 three phase motors. Recently one of the controllers stopped working.
          > I swapped controllers to find out why the vehicle didn't have as much
          > acceleration- it used to 'burn rubber', a nice feature when driving in
          > traffic. Both motors are working and I pulled out and opened the bad
          > controller, and there were no blown fuses, it looked clean, almost new, no
          > signs, or smells that would indicate failure.
          > I am an electrician, and have a associate degree in electronics, so I am
          > smart enough to know when to get help fixing things. I might dig deeper
          > with a schematic or a troubleshooting guide, but have found neither.
          > REDI is having its' 20th anniversary next year, and twenty years ago we
          > promoted an EV race here in northern California, and a Solectria Force won
          > the race. So we would love to have our Solectria running in top form--
          > ours is still running on one motor, and the original SAFT nicad batteries.
          > Thank you,
          > Ralph Pisciotta
          > REDI board member
          > Willits Electric

        • RALPH PISCIOTTA
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 14, 2013
            Hi Wolf,
            Thanks for offering to take a look at the controller.  It has been awhile since you offered and I hope you are not too busy.  We did get another controller, which I installed, so the car is back on the road.  The controller we got was used and didn't have the output cables to the motor, or the input cables, both of which I took off the controller that needs repair. If this is a problem for you I can make up some cables, let me know.  I attach several photos, 2 showing the missing cables, and another of a board that showed some corrosion, which is marked within a red rectangle.
            Let me know where to ship, if you can take a look.
            Thanks,
            Ralph Pisciotta

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 14, 2013
              I am a bit busy right now with the DMOC adapter (got the parts and boards
              in, populated the SMPS and they are working, populating the micro and
              support components now)...

              I have a set of cables, so I don't need any.

              None of the photos made it thru... not sure any attachments make it thru
              the Yahoo group...

              Since you don't need it ASAP, (your car is working on the other
              controller), you can either hold on to it, or ship it to me, and then when
              I get less busy I can take a look at it.

              Wolf
              *wags his tail*
              www.wolftronix.com

            • Andy Rich
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 14, 2013
                Wolf, I have a simple issue with an older UMOC, where is your place? Are
                you in MA?

                pisciottaelectric@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Hi Wolf,
                > Thanks for offering to take a look at the controller. It has been
                > awhile since you offered and I hope you are not too busy. We did get
                > another controller, which I installed, so the car is back on the road.
                > The controller we got was used and didn't have the output cables to
                > the motor, or the input cables, both of which I took off the
                > controller that needs repair. If this is a problem for you I can make
                > up some cables, let me know. I attach several photos, 2 showing the
                > missing cables, and another of a board that showed some corrosion,
                > which is marked within a red rectangle.
                > Let me know where to ship, if you can take a look.
                > Thanks,
                > Ralph Pisciotta
                >
                > ________________________________

                Wolf
                *wags his tail*
                www.wolftronix.com

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 14, 2013
                  Near Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
                  On Aug 14, 2013 8:39 PM, "Andy Rich" <elvamk5@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Wolf, I have a simple issue with an older UMOC, where is your place? Are
                  > you in MA?

                • RALPH PISCIOTTA
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 9, 2013
                    Hi Wolf,
                    I wrote you back in August about looking at the motor controller on the Solectric '94 Force that I maintain for REDI.  You were busy then and I am wondering if I can send it now, there is no hurry as the car is working.
                    Please give me an address if you can look at it.
                    Thanks for all your work on Solectria's.
                    Ralph Pisciotta
                    Wilits Electric
                    65 N Marin Street
                    Willits, CA 95490
                    cell 707 272 4436

                    pisciottaelectric@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Hi Wolf,
                    > Thanks for offering to take a look at the controller.  It has been awhile
                    > since you offered and I hope you are not too busy.  We did get another

                    controller, which I installed, so the car is back on the road.  The
                    > controller we got was used and didn't have the output cables to the motor,
                    > or the input cables, both of which I took off the controller that needs
                    > repair. If this is a problem for you I can make up some cables, let me
                    > know.  I attach several photos, 2 showing the missing cables, and another
                    > of a board that showed some corrosion, which is marked within a red
                    > rectangle.
                    > Let me know where to ship, if you can take a look.
                    > Thanks,
                    > Ralph Pisciotta
                    >
                    > ________________________________

                    Wolf
                    *wags his tail*
                    www.wolftronix.com

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        solectria_ev-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        solectria_ev-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 10, 2013

                      Yeah, you can send it in...

                      I can get it on the bench and do a quick check on it, if it is simple fix I can get it back quickly, but if it is serious, then it might have to be after new years.

                      I am working on a AMC325 right now that is quite serious.

                      WolfTronix LLC
                      2239 Marilyn Drive
                      Saint Joseph, IL 61873