about old controller

  • Bouty
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 29, 2013
      Hi Wolf,
      This is about what I think is my old 92 Force having a controller problem. It just stopped with just a little twinge of attempts to move after resetting the direction lever, but now the contactor no longer thumps but the motor fans runs. Could this be the controller? If so is that something you could look at and give me an estimate? I have no diagnostic equipment but I will check fuses, but given the age, and that I have had no other problems with the car and the pack has a healthy 160volts it is pretty much all I can figure what is wrong.

      Thanks,
      Bouty

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3 11:04 AM
        Yeah, you can open it up and check the fuse...

        But typically, if the fuse is blown, then something else died in the
        controller.

        And a new fuse would just blow again.

        I can take a look at the controller after the 8th.

        Past motor controller repairs have ranged from $100.00 (power supply)
        http://www.wolftronix.com/amc325_1473/index.htm

        To $700.00 (power stage rebuild)
        http://www.wolftronix.com/amc230_514/index.htm

        Typical repairs are around $350.00.

        Price really depends on what is wrong. I can give a better estimate after
        looking at the controller.
        On Jun 29, 2013 3:11 PM, "Bouty" <cfrkeepr@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi Wolf,
        > This is about what I think is my old 92 Force having a controller problem.
        > It just stopped with just a little twinge of attempts to move after
        > resetting the direction lever, but now the contactor no longer thumps but
        > the motor fans runs. Could this be the controller? If so is that something
        > you could look at and give me an estimate? I have no diagnostic equipment
        > but I will check fuses, but given the age, and that I have had no other
        > problems with the car and the pack has a healthy 160volts it is pretty much
        > all I can figure what is wrong.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Bouty
        >
        > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Wolf <wolf@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Is your BC3000 this style:
        > > http://www.wolftronix.com/BC3000/images/IMG_7902.jpg
        > >
        > > If you no longer have a need for it, I would be interested in buying it.
        > > On Jun 4, 2013 2:26 PM, "Gordon Stallings" <gordonstallings@...>
        > > wrote:
        > >
        > > > **
        > > >

        > > > Never mind. I've traced out enough to get the job done. I haywired a
        > > > small relay and diode from Radio Shack onto the board. Works fine.
        > > >
        > > > --Gordon--

      • cfrkeepr
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3 3:10 PM
          Thanks for getting back to me,

          Sounds good to me wolf,

          Where do I send it?

          Bouty

          Sent from Windows Mail

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 3 7:24 PM
            You can send the controller to:

            WolfTronix
            2239 Marilyn Drive
            Saint Joseph, IL 61973

            I can take a look at the controller after the 8th.

            Happy 4th of July.