CALB terminal treatment WAS Re: CALB cells update

  • geo_homsy2
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2013
      I suggest lapping with a HARD, FLAT substrate, with a small piece of 400 to 600 grit aluminum oxide sandpaper on it (I did both grades of sandpaper, til they were smooth and flat). Treat your copper straps with scotch-brite or similar. Then, spray both with your favorite contact cleaner, then JUST before assembly (to eliminate any chance of oxidation forming), smear with a very light coat of silver-filled high-current conductive grease:

      http://www.chemtronics.com/products/americas/TDS/Cw7100tds.pdf

      I did this to all my cells.

      I have an eLithion BMS installed, and I've NEVER seen more than a 1 milli-ohm difference between cell resistances.

      Worth the extra couple hours.

      //Geo