RE: [solectria_ev] Free Dekas "Slightly" Used

  • Andy Rich
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
      I'm probably too far away to come by and pick those up, (Boston) but I am in
      search of some batteries. I need the 144V but they need to be small in
      size. Does anyone on the list have a suggestion?

      In my experience, the Deka batteries are great, but very big. I need tha
      smallest package possible.

      Thanks, all.

      Andy

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
        Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

        Ed Garcia

        ________________________________
        After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

        I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

      • Rex Allison
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 28, 2013
          Right next door in Santa Clara.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
            Great! I will take them. I will contact you off-list.

            Ed Garcia

            ________________________________
            Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

            Ed Garcia

            ________________________________
            After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

            I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

          • POONKEONG
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
              I desperately need 9 asap. I am in Cupertino. Can I come pick them up today?

              Thanks.

              --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Rex Allison <ev64bug@...> wrote:

              > After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.
              >

              > I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

            • paul dove
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                Have you considered Lithiums? I have 44 Bestgo 100 Ah cells I would consider selling. I used them for about 2 months now. They are in perfect condition.
                I just want to replace them with 180 Ah cells to get more range.