Free Dekas "Slightly" Used

  • Rex Allison
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
      After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

      I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

    • Andy Rich
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
        I'm probably too far away to come by and pick those up, (Boston) but I am in
        search of some batteries. I need the 144V but they need to be small in
        size. Does anyone on the list have a suggestion?

        In my experience, the Deka batteries are great, but very big. I need tha
        smallest package possible.

        Thanks, all.

        Andy

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
          Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

          Ed Garcia

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 28, 2013
            Right next door in Santa Clara.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
              Great! I will take them. I will contact you off-list.

              Ed Garcia

              ________________________________
              Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

              Ed Garcia

              ________________________________
              After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

              I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

            • POONKEONG
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
                I desperately need 9 asap. I am in Cupertino. Can I come pick them up today?

                Thanks.

                --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Rex Allison <ev64bug@...> wrote:

                > After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.
                >

                > I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

              • paul dove
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                  Have you considered Lithiums? I have 44 Bestgo 100 Ah cells I would consider selling. I used them for about 2 months now. They are in perfect condition.
                  I just want to replace them with 180 Ah cells to get more range.