Re: [solectria_ev] Re: Solectria force parts

  • Eric Krofchak
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 26, 2013
      Russel

      Glad you like them, hope you get
      many years of use out of them.

      Eric

      On 6/26/2013 10:04 PM, russell_fauver wrote:

      > Thanks for the supercool hubcaps. I'm getting lots of compliments on
      > 'em and I swear they make The Force more efficient :-)
      >
      > Russell
      >
      > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>, Eric Krofchak
      > <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
      > > shelved due to
      > > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
      > > doing
      > > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the
      > frame
      > > had rusted thru
      > > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
      > > almost bald tires I decided
      > > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
      > > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
      > > functional. As such I'll be
      > > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see
      > if I
      > > can salvage a few dollars
      > > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
      > > off the vehicle. Already sold
      > > the charger. The DC-DC (a 575), some aftermarket aerodynamic hubcaps,
      > > and the interface boxes from
      > > under the driver side dash are already listed. Expect the rest to go up
      > > over the following
      > > months as I get to it. At least this way some parts of my little car
      > > will still be on the road.
      > >
      > > Missing my Force already,
      > > Eric

    • Rex Allison
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
        After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

        I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

      • Andy Rich
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
          I'm probably too far away to come by and pick those up, (Boston) but I am in
          search of some batteries. I need the 144V but they need to be small in
          size. Does anyone on the list have a suggestion?

          In my experience, the Deka batteries are great, but very big. I need tha
          smallest package possible.

          Thanks, all.

          Andy

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
            Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

            Ed Garcia

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 28, 2013
              Right next door in Santa Clara.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
                Great! I will take them. I will contact you off-list.

                Ed Garcia

                ________________________________
                Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

                Ed Garcia

                ________________________________
                After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

                I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

              • POONKEONG
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
                  I desperately need 9 asap. I am in Cupertino. Can I come pick them up today?

                  Thanks.

                  --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Rex Allison <ev64bug@...> wrote:

                  > After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.
                  >

                  > I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

                • paul dove
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                    Have you considered Lithiums? I have 44 Bestgo 100 Ah cells I would consider selling. I used them for about 2 months now. They are in perfect condition.
                    I just want to replace them with 180 Ah cells to get more range.