Re: Solectria force parts

  • russell_fauver
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 26, 2013
      Thanks for the supercool hubcaps. I'm getting lots of compliments on 'em and I swear they make The Force more efficient :-)

      Russell

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Eric Krofchak <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:

      > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
      > shelved due to
      > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
      > doing
      > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the frame
      > had rusted thru
      > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
      > almost bald tires I decided
      > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
      > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
      > functional. As such I'll be
      > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see if I
      > can salvage a few dollars
      > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
      > off the vehicle. Already sold
      > the charger. The DC-DC (a 575), some aftermarket aerodynamic hubcaps,
      > and the interface boxes from
      > under the driver side dash are already listed. Expect the rest to go up
      > over the following
      > months as I get to it. At least this way some parts of my little car
      > will still be on the road.
      >
      > Missing my Force already,
      > Eric

    • Eric Krofchak
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 26, 2013
        Russel

        Glad you like them, hope you get
        many years of use out of them.

        Eric

        On 6/26/2013 10:04 PM, russell_fauver wrote:

        > Thanks for the supercool hubcaps. I'm getting lots of compliments on
        > 'em and I swear they make The Force more efficient :-)
        >
        > Russell
        >
        > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>, Eric Krofchak
        > <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
        > > shelved due to
        > > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
        > > doing
        > > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the
        > frame
        > > had rusted thru
        > > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
        > > almost bald tires I decided
        > > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
        > > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
        > > functional. As such I'll be
        > > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see
        > if I
        > > can salvage a few dollars
        > > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
        > > off the vehicle. Already sold
        > > the charger. The DC-DC (a 575), some aftermarket aerodynamic hubcaps,
        > > and the interface boxes from
        > > under the driver side dash are already listed. Expect the rest to go up
        > > over the following
        > > months as I get to it. At least this way some parts of my little car
        > > will still be on the road.
        > >
        > > Missing my Force already,
        > > Eric

      • Rex Allison
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
          After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

          I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

        • Andy Rich
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
            I'm probably too far away to come by and pick those up, (Boston) but I am in
            search of some batteries. I need the 144V but they need to be small in
            size. Does anyone on the list have a suggestion?

            In my experience, the Deka batteries are great, but very big. I need tha
            smallest package possible.

            Thanks, all.

            Andy

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
              Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

              Ed Garcia

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 28, 2013
                Right next door in Santa Clara.

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
                  Great! I will take them. I will contact you off-list.

                  Ed Garcia

                  ________________________________
                  Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

                  Ed Garcia

                  ________________________________
                  After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

                  I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

                • POONKEONG
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
                    I desperately need 9 asap. I am in Cupertino. Can I come pick them up today?

                    Thanks.

                    --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Rex Allison <ev64bug@...> wrote:

                    > After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.
                    >

                    > I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

                  • paul dove
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                      Have you considered Lithiums? I have 44 Bestgo 100 Ah cells I would consider selling. I used them for about 2 months now. They are in perfect condition.
                      I just want to replace them with 180 Ah cells to get more range.