re: [solectria_ev] Re: Charger puzzle

  • EV
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 24, 2013
      ALTHOUGH SOLECTRIA HAD SEVERAL CHARGERS THAT THEY USED IN THEIR CONVERSIONS MOST OF THE FORCE CHARGERS WHERE A:) BC1000.( SOLECTRIA DESIGN)

      B:) BRUSA NLG412 ( BC3300 SOLECTRIA P/N (PROGRAMABLE 100-200VDC) (SQUARE BOX)

      C:) BC3000 ( SOLECTRIA P/N) MADE BY A COMPANY IN GERMANY 144/156VOLT ONLY) (RECT BOX) I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS WERE SOFTWARE PROGRAMABLE) BUT WOLF HAS MORE EXPERIENCE THEN I DO ON THIS MODEL

      I HAVE TO AGREE WITH WOLF IT COULD BE ANYTHING FROM A BAD SOLDER JOINT TO A BAD TEMP SENSOR HEAT AND MOVEMENT COULD ALL BE COMING TO PLAY WITH YOUR ISSUE HOPE THIS HELPS STRAIGHT OUT THE CHARGER P/N CONFUSION

      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 7, 2013
        Thank you, Josh. I understand the charging profile, but didn't know the
        stages were called by these names. l'm going to put labels on those red
        lights!Until a better idea comes along, I'm proceeding on the theory
        that a temperature sensor is telling the charger not to charge until the
        batteries cool down after a trip. On a very hot day this takes about
        four hours; on a nice summer day like this one, one and a half to two
        hours will do the trick.However, it won't start charging when plugged in
        to 240v; I have to unplug it, and then plug it in again and it fires
        right up!As the evidence accumulates I'm closing in on the problem, I
        think.Ray
        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Josh Anzicek wrote:

        > Good day,
        >
        > This is a very common lead acid charge profile. Most solar charge
        > controllers also follow the same process.
        >
        > From
        > http://www.chargingchargers.com/tutorials/charging.html
        >
        > Three Stage Battery Charging
        >
        > The *BULK* stage involves about 80% of the recharge, wherein the
        charger
        > current is held constant (in a constant current charger), and voltage
        > increases. The properly sized charger will give the battery as much
        current
        > as it will accept up to charger capacity (25% of battery capacity in
        amp
        > hours), and not raise a wet battery over 125┬░ F, or an AGM or GEL
        (valve
        > regulated) battery over 100┬░ F.
        >
        > The *ABSORPTION* stage (the remaining 20%, approximately) has the
        charger
        > holding the voltage at the charger's absorption voltage (between 14.1
        VDC