Re: [solectria_ev] Re: Solectria force parts

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 12, 2013
      I could not find the Solectria motor either, so I used a 180V treadmill
      motor I got on ebay:
      http://www.wolftronix.com/air_conditioning/images/IMG_7530.jpg

      All pics:
      http://www.wolftronix.com/air_conditioning/index.htm

      Actual writeup, scroll to near the end:
      http://www.wolftronix.com/E10/index.html
      On Jun 12, 2013 5:43 PM, "Eric Krofchak" <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Sorry this was one of the no AC models.
      >
      > On 6/12/2013 10:08 AM, GeorgeB wrote:
      > >
      > > Sorry about the car. Do you have the motor that runs the air
      > > onditioning compressor?
      > >
      > > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>, Eric Krofchak
      > > <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
      > > > shelved due to
      > > > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
      > > > doing
      > > > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the
      > > frame
      > > > had rusted thru
      > > > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
      > > > almost bald tires I decided
      > > > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
      > > > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
      > > > functional. As such I'll be
      > > > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see
      > > if I
      > > > can salvage a few dollars
      > > > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
      > > > off the vehicle.
      > >
      > > > Missing my Force already,
      > > > Eric
      > > >

      > So

    • Sean K
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 12, 2013
        Hi Eric, Not sure if you got my email or message on ebay, please get ahold of me when you have a chance.

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Eric Krofchak <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:

        > Sorry this was one of the no AC models.
        >

        > On 6/12/2013 10:08 AM, GeorgeB wrote:
        > >
        > > Sorry about the car. Do you have the motor that runs the air
        > > onditioning compressor?
        > >
        > > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>, Eric Krofchak
        > > <EricKrofchak@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
        > > > shelved due to
        > > > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
        > > > doing
        > > > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the
        > > frame
        > > > had rusted thru
        > > > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
        > > > almost bald tires I decided
        > > > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
        > > > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
        > > > functional. As such I'll be
        > > > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see
        > > if I
        > > > can salvage a few dollars
        > > > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
        > > > off the vehicle.
        > >
        > > > Missing my Force already,
        > > > Eric
        > > >

        > So

      • russell_fauver
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 26, 2013
          Thanks for the supercool hubcaps. I'm getting lots of compliments on 'em and I swear they make The Force more efficient :-)

          Russell

          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Eric Krofchak <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:

          > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
          > shelved due to
          > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
          > doing
          > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the frame
          > had rusted thru
          > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
          > almost bald tires I decided
          > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
          > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
          > functional. As such I'll be
          > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see if I
          > can salvage a few dollars
          > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
          > off the vehicle. Already sold
          > the charger. The DC-DC (a 575), some aftermarket aerodynamic hubcaps,
          > and the interface boxes from
          > under the driver side dash are already listed. Expect the rest to go up
          > over the following
          > months as I get to it. At least this way some parts of my little car
          > will still be on the road.
          >
          > Missing my Force already,
          > Eric

        • Eric Krofchak
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 26, 2013
            Russel

            Glad you like them, hope you get
            many years of use out of them.

            Eric

            On 6/26/2013 10:04 PM, russell_fauver wrote:

            > Thanks for the supercool hubcaps. I'm getting lots of compliments on
            > 'em and I swear they make The Force more efficient :-)
            >
            > Russell
            >
            > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>, Eric Krofchak
            > <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
            > > shelved due to
            > > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
            > > doing
            > > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the
            > frame
            > > had rusted thru
            > > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
            > > almost bald tires I decided
            > > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
            > > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
            > > functional. As such I'll be
            > > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see
            > if I
            > > can salvage a few dollars
            > > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
            > > off the vehicle. Already sold
            > > the charger. The DC-DC (a 575), some aftermarket aerodynamic hubcaps,
            > > and the interface boxes from
            > > under the driver side dash are already listed. Expect the rest to go up
            > > over the following
            > > months as I get to it. At least this way some parts of my little car
            > > will still be on the road.
            > >
            > > Missing my Force already,
            > > Eric

          • Rex Allison
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
              After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

              I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

            • Andy Rich
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
                I'm probably too far away to come by and pick those up, (Boston) but I am in
                search of some batteries. I need the 144V but they need to be small in
                size. Does anyone on the list have a suggestion?

                In my experience, the Deka batteries are great, but very big. I need tha
                smallest package possible.

                Thanks, all.

                Andy

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
                  Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

                  Ed Garcia

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 28, 2013
                    Right next door in Santa Clara.

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
                      Great! I will take them. I will contact you off-list.

                      Ed Garcia

                      ________________________________
                      Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

                      Ed Garcia

                      ________________________________
                      After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

                      I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

                    • POONKEONG
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
                        I desperately need 9 asap. I am in Cupertino. Can I come pick them up today?

                        Thanks.

                        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Rex Allison <ev64bug@...> wrote:

                        > After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.
                        >

                        > I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

                      • paul dove
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                          Have you considered Lithiums? I have 44 Bestgo 100 Ah cells I would consider selling. I used them for about 2 months now. They are in perfect condition.
                          I just want to replace them with 180 Ah cells to get more range.