Solectria force parts

  • Eric Krofchak
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 11, 2013
      My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
      shelved due to
      rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
      doing
      checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the frame
      had rusted thru
      making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
      almost bald tires I decided
      to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
      I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
      functional. As such I'll be
      dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see if I
      can salvage a few dollars
      toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
      off the vehicle. Already sold
      the charger. The DC-DC (a 575), some aftermarket aerodynamic hubcaps,
      and the interface boxes from
      under the driver side dash are already listed. Expect the rest to go up
      over the following
      months as I get to it. At least this way some parts of my little car
      will still be on the road.

      Missing my Force already,
      Eric
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 11, 2013
        Ouch.

        That is the main reason I stop driving my truck when they start to salt the
        roads. That and it also gets really cold in Illinois.

        Your other option is to pick up another Force. Then you have all the spare
        parts for it. ;)
        On Jun 11, 2013 12:14 PM, "Eric Krofchak" <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
        > shelved due to
        > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
        > doing
        > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the frame
        > had rusted thru
        > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
        > almost bald tires I decided
        > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
        > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
        > functional. As such I'll be
        > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see if I
        > can salvage a few dollars
        > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
        > off the vehicle. Already sold
        > the charger. The DC-DC (a 575), some aftermarket aerodynamic hubcaps,
        > and the interface boxes from
        > under the driver side dash are already listed. Expect the rest to go up
        > over the following
        > months as I get to it. At least this way some parts of my little car
        > will still be on the road.
        >
        > Missing my Force already,
        > Eric

      • Eric Krofchak
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 11, 2013
          My force wasn't my first EV and won't be my last. My next project
          is already on the drawing board. It'll be fun to do another conversion
          after this car.

          Eric

          > Ouch.
          >
          > That is the main reason I stop driving my truck when they start to salt the
          > roads. That and it also gets really cold in Illinois.
          >
          > Your other option is to pick up another Force. Then you have all the spare
          > parts for it. ;)
          > On Jun 11, 2013 12:14 PM, "Eric Krofchak" <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
          >> shelved due to
          >> rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
          >> doing
          >> checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the frame
          >> had rusted thru
          >> making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
          >> almost bald tires I decided
          >> to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
          >> I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
          >> functional. As such I'll be
          >> dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see if I
          >> can salvage a few dollars
          >> toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
          >> off the vehicle. Already sold
          >> the charger. The DC-DC (a 575), some aftermarket aerodynamic hubcaps,
          >> and the interface boxes from
          >> under the driver side dash are already listed. Expect the rest to go up
          >> over the following
          >> months as I get to it. At least this way some parts of my little car
          >> will still be on the road.
          >>
          >> Missing my Force already,
          >> Eric

        • GeorgeB
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 12, 2013
            Sorry about the car. Do you have the motor that runs the air onditioning compressor?

            --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Eric Krofchak <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:

            > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
            > shelved due to
            > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
            > doing
            > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the frame
            > had rusted thru
            > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
            > almost bald tires I decided
            > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
            > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
            > functional. As such I'll be
            > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see if I
            > can salvage a few dollars
            > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
            > off the vehicle.

            > Missing my Force already,
            > Eric

          • Eric Krofchak
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 12, 2013
              Sorry this was one of the no AC models.

              On 6/12/2013 10:08 AM, GeorgeB wrote:

              > Sorry about the car. Do you have the motor that runs the air
              > onditioning compressor?
              >
              > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>, Eric Krofchak
              > <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
              > > shelved due to
              > > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
              > > doing
              > > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the
              > frame
              > > had rusted thru
              > > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
              > > almost bald tires I decided
              > > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
              > > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
              > > functional. As such I'll be
              > > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see
              > if I
              > > can salvage a few dollars
              > > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
              > > off the vehicle.
              >
              > > Missing my Force already,
              > > Eric

              So

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 12, 2013
                I could not find the Solectria motor either, so I used a 180V treadmill
                motor I got on ebay:
                http://www.wolftronix.com/air_conditioning/images/IMG_7530.jpg

                All pics:
                http://www.wolftronix.com/air_conditioning/index.htm

                Actual writeup, scroll to near the end:
                http://www.wolftronix.com/E10/index.html
                On Jun 12, 2013 5:43 PM, "Eric Krofchak" <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Sorry this was one of the no AC models.
                >
                > On 6/12/2013 10:08 AM, GeorgeB wrote:
                > >
                > > Sorry about the car. Do you have the motor that runs the air
                > > onditioning compressor?
                > >
                > > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
                > > <mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>, Eric Krofchak
                > > <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
                > > > shelved due to
                > > > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
                > > > doing
                > > > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the
                > > frame
                > > > had rusted thru
                > > > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
                > > > almost bald tires I decided
                > > > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
                > > > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
                > > > functional. As such I'll be
                > > > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see
                > > if I
                > > > can salvage a few dollars
                > > > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
                > > > off the vehicle.
                > >
                > > > Missing my Force already,
                > > > Eric
                > > >

                > So

              • Sean K
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 12, 2013
                  Hi Eric, Not sure if you got my email or message on ebay, please get ahold of me when you have a chance.

                  --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Eric Krofchak <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:

                  > Sorry this was one of the no AC models.
                  >

                  > On 6/12/2013 10:08 AM, GeorgeB wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Sorry about the car. Do you have the motor that runs the air
                  > > onditioning compressor?
                  > >
                  > > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
                  > > <mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>, Eric Krofchak
                  > > <EricKrofchak@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
                  > > > shelved due to
                  > > > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
                  > > > doing
                  > > > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the
                  > > frame
                  > > > had rusted thru
                  > > > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
                  > > > almost bald tires I decided
                  > > > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
                  > > > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
                  > > > functional. As such I'll be
                  > > > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see
                  > > if I
                  > > > can salvage a few dollars
                  > > > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
                  > > > off the vehicle.
                  > >
                  > > > Missing my Force already,
                  > > > Eric
                  > > >

                  > So

                • russell_fauver
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 26, 2013
                    Thanks for the supercool hubcaps. I'm getting lots of compliments on 'em and I swear they make The Force more efficient :-)

                    Russell

                    --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Eric Krofchak <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:

                    > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
                    > shelved due to
                    > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
                    > doing
                    > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the frame
                    > had rusted thru
                    > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
                    > almost bald tires I decided
                    > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
                    > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
                    > functional. As such I'll be
                    > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see if I
                    > can salvage a few dollars
                    > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
                    > off the vehicle. Already sold
                    > the charger. The DC-DC (a 575), some aftermarket aerodynamic hubcaps,
                    > and the interface boxes from
                    > under the driver side dash are already listed. Expect the rest to go up
                    > over the following
                    > months as I get to it. At least this way some parts of my little car
                    > will still be on the road.
                    >
                    > Missing my Force already,
                    > Eric

                  • Eric Krofchak
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 26, 2013
                      Russel

                      Glad you like them, hope you get
                      many years of use out of them.

                      Eric

                      On 6/26/2013 10:04 PM, russell_fauver wrote:

                      > Thanks for the supercool hubcaps. I'm getting lots of compliments on
                      > 'em and I swear they make The Force more efficient :-)
                      >
                      > Russell
                      >
                      > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
                      > <mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>, Eric Krofchak
                      > <EricKrofchak@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > My 1999 Solectria force is now officially deceased. The car got
                      > > shelved due to
                      > > rust and frame rot. I didn't so much care about the body rust but I was
                      > > doing
                      > > checking under the car one day and found a couple of chunks of the
                      > frame
                      > > had rusted thru
                      > > making the car unsafe to drive. Anyway with all the other body rust and
                      > > almost bald tires I decided
                      > > to shelve the vehicle and invest in a new EV.
                      > > I'm posting because most of the cars components are still
                      > > functional. As such I'll be
                      > > dismantling it and selling off all the operational parts I can (see
                      > if I
                      > > can salvage a few dollars
                      > > toward my next car). I'll be posting the parts on ebay as I pull them
                      > > off the vehicle. Already sold
                      > > the charger. The DC-DC (a 575), some aftermarket aerodynamic hubcaps,
                      > > and the interface boxes from
                      > > under the driver side dash are already listed. Expect the rest to go up
                      > > over the following
                      > > months as I get to it. At least this way some parts of my little car
                      > > will still be on the road.
                      > >
                      > > Missing my Force already,
                      > > Eric

                    • Rex Allison
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
                        After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

                        I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

                      • Andy Rich
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
                          I'm probably too far away to come by and pick those up, (Boston) but I am in
                          search of some batteries. I need the 144V but they need to be small in
                          size. Does anyone on the list have a suggestion?

                          In my experience, the Deka batteries are great, but very big. I need tha
                          smallest package possible.

                          Thanks, all.

                          Andy

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 27, 2013
                            Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

                            Ed Garcia

                            ________________________________

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 28, 2013
                              Right next door in Santa Clara.

                              ________________________________

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
                                Great! I will take them. I will contact you off-list.

                                Ed Garcia

                                ________________________________
                                Where are you in Northern Cal? I am in San Jose and might be interested. I have a 2001 Force which I was going to convert to Lithium but ran out of money. I might go back to lead for the time being.

                                Ed Garcia

                                ________________________________
                                After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.

                                I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

                              • POONKEONG
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 29, 2013
                                  I desperately need 9 asap. I am in Cupertino. Can I come pick them up today?

                                  Thanks.

                                  --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Rex Allison <ev64bug@...> wrote:

                                  > After 8 years and 24,500 miles I'm replacing my 13 Deka batteries with 49 CALB CA40FI cells. The Dekas still give 25+ Ahrs or 20+ miles range so I thought I would ask if anyone on the list in Northern California is interested in picking them up, even if you just want a few for some experimentation.
                                  >

                                  > I've been very gentle with them over their life always keeping them charged up and only a couple of times have I discharged them to the point where I limped home on the last bit of charge. They are pretty amazing batteries, working flawlessly and staying balanced for so long.

                                • paul dove
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                                    Have you considered Lithiums? I have 44 Bestgo 100 Ah cells I would consider selling. I used them for about 2 months now. They are in perfect condition.
                                    I just want to replace them with 180 Ah cells to get more range.