Re: [solectria_ev] Re: Motor Controller

  • michael comella
    Message 1 of 34 , May 17, 2013
      How does one contact "Wolf" to see if he would be willing to evaluate/repair my AMC-325?  The Main Relay in the Motor Controller won't close with current from the DC/DC Inverter, but does close when connected to an outside 12-Volt Power Supply or a Single Battery.  Any ideas?

      From: Sean K <seankmc@...>
      Subject: [solectria_ev] Re: Motor Controller
      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, May 17, 2013, 11:01 AM

      Yeah, Most of us have the AMC-325 controller. If the temperature or speed sensors aren't giving valid output it can seem like a bad controller.

      If you take the fan off the back end of the motor, and then take off the aluminum end plate under that you should see a disc with a bunch of white and black stripes on it, if your motor speed sensor has made contact with that and removed part of the black stripes that can cause the car to not move, some have had success with re-drawing the stripes with a sharpie, or printing out a 48 stripe pattern and gluing it to the back of their disc.

      If your stripes are good then on the motor speed sensor board directly above the disk there are 2 wires that are soldered onto the corner of it that go into a small hole on the motor, these are your temperature sensor leads, if you check the resistance across those leads while the car is turned on you should get somewhere in the 200-240 ohm range.

      After that you should check the forums here for checking the output of the motor speed sensor, also connecting the controller to the serial port on a computer, and consider replacing the db9 and db25 connectors.

      Aside from that I know Wolf on the forums here has successfully repaired several of these controllers, though I don't know what his backlog looks like.

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, michael comella <mlcomella@...> wrote:

      > The Service Disconnect has already been Disconnected/ReConnected with No Exceptions.  The Service Manual doesn't mention the Speed Sensor or the Temperature Sensor, but they are worth investigating.  The Motor Controller Relay will not close with current from the DC/DC Controller.  It will only close with when connected to a single 12-Volt Battery or a 12 Volt Power Supply.  Everything else in the Car (Heat/AC/Lights, etc) works fine.  Most, but not all clues, point to the Motor Controller.  Even when the Relay is closed, the Car won't move.  Any ideas?

    • michael comella
      Message 34 of 34 , May 30, 2013
        I have all day off and the $$ is in my pocket.  Let me know when and where we can meet to close the deal on the AMC-325.  Call me at 978-390-6505 anytime.  Michael