Re: [solectria_ev] SAFT STMS-100 MRE NiCd BATTERIES

  • Dick Coin
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 26 12:32 PM
      Hi. I am still trying to track down some used liquid cooled Saft NiCd batteries and will let you know if I find some. If I do not, mine might be for sale and I'll swtch to Li. As for programing acharger, I can not help, sorry.
      Regards Dick

      ------------------------------
      On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 1:39 PM EDT Matthew Childers wrote:

      >Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
      >air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
      >enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
      >applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
      >antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
      >my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
      >again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
      >
      >> Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
      >> Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
      >programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
      >
      >Matthew Childers
      >

      >On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> Hi
      >>
      >> I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
      >> range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
      >> recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
      >> a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
      >> recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
      >> around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
      >> they would be willing to sell?
      >>
      >> Regards
      >> Dick

    • Dick Coin
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 26 12:58 PM

        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2013
          Anthony...If that other Think City is a vintage Ford Think City with NiCds,
          I'd like to talk to the owner & exchange notes.

          Matthew