Re: [solectria_ev] Re: SAFT STMS-100 MRE NiCd BATTERIES

  • Dick Coin
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 26 9:07 AM
      Any leads to Saft NiCd STM5-100MRE batteries would be helpful. I either want to buy some and get my Force on the road or sell those I have and convert to Li. Thx Dick

      ------------------------------
      On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:14 AM EDT anthony c wrote:

      >I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.
      >
      >I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.
      >
      >Anthony
      >
      >PS - we are in upstate NY.
      >
      >--- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
      >> air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
      >> enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
      >> applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
      >> antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
      >> my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
      >> again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
      >>
      >> > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
      >> > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
      >> programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
      >>
      >> Matthew Childers
      >>

      >> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> > **
      >> >

      >> > Hi
      >> >
      >> > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
      >> > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
      >> > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
      >> > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
      >> > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
      >> > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
      >> > they would be willing to sell?
      >> >
      >> > Regards
      >> > Dick

    • Dick Coin
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 26 12:32 PM
        Hi. I am still trying to track down some used liquid cooled Saft NiCd batteries and will let you know if I find some. If I do not, mine might be for sale and I'll swtch to Li. As for programing acharger, I can not help, sorry.
        Regards Dick

        ------------------------------
        On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 1:39 PM EDT Matthew Childers wrote:

        >Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
        >air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
        >enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
        >applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
        >antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
        >my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
        >again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
        >
        >> Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
        >> Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
        >programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
        >
        >Matthew Childers
        >

        >On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> Hi
        >>
        >> I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
        >> range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
        >> recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
        >> a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
        >> recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
        >> around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
        >> they would be willing to sell?
        >>
        >> Regards
        >> Dick

      • Dick Coin
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 26 12:58 PM

          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2013
            Anthony...If that other Think City is a vintage Ford Think City with NiCds,
            I'd like to talk to the owner & exchange notes.

            Matthew