Re: [solectria_ev] Re: SAFT STMS-100 MRE NiCd BATTERIES

  • Dick Coin
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 26, 2013
      Any leads to Saft NiCd STM5-100MRE batteries would be helpful. I either want to buy some and get my Force on the road or sell those I have and convert to Li. Thx Dick

      ------------------------------
      On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:14 AM EDT anthony c wrote:

      >I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.
      >
      >I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.
      >
      >Anthony
      >
      >PS - we are in upstate NY.
      >
      >--- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
      >> air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
      >> enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
      >> applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
      >> antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
      >> my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
      >> again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
      >>
      >> > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
      >> > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
      >> programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
      >>
      >> Matthew Childers
      >>

      >> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> > **
      >> >

      >> > Hi
      >> >
      >> > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
      >> > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
      >> > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
      >> > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
      >> > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
      >> > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
      >> > they would be willing to sell?
      >> >
      >> > Regards
      >> > Dick

    • Dick Coin
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 26, 2013
        Any leads to Saft NiCd STM5-100MRE batteries would be helpful. I either want to buy some and get my Force on the road or sell those I have and convert to Li. Thx Dick

        ------------------------------
        On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:14 AM EDT anthony c wrote:

        >I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.
        >
        >I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.
        >
        >Anthony
        >
        >PS - we are in upstate NY.
        >
        >--- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
        >> air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
        >> enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
        >> applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
        >> antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
        >> my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
        >> again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
        >>
        >> > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
        >> > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
        >> programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
        >>
        >> Matthew Childers
        >>

        >> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> > **
        >> >

        >> > Hi
        >> >
        >> > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
        >> > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
        >> > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
        >> > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
        >> > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
        >> > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
        >> > they would be willing to sell?
        >> >
        >> > Regards
        >> > Dick

      • Dick Coin
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 26, 2013
          Hi. I am still trying to track down some used liquid cooled Saft NiCd batteries and will let you know if I find some. If I do not, mine might be for sale and I'll swtch to Li. As for programing acharger, I can not help, sorry.
          Regards Dick

          ------------------------------
          On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 1:39 PM EDT Matthew Childers wrote:

          >Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
          >air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
          >enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
          >applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
          >antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
          >my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
          >again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
          >
          >> Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
          >> Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
          >programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
          >
          >Matthew Childers
          >

          >On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> Hi
          >>
          >> I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
          >> range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
          >> recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
          >> a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
          >> recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
          >> around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
          >> they would be willing to sell?
          >>
          >> Regards
          >> Dick

        • Dick Coin
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 26, 2013

            Message 5 of 10 , May 1 12:50 PM
              Anthony...If that other Think City is a vintage Ford Think City with NiCds,
              I'd like to talk to the owner & exchange notes.

              Matthew