Re: SAFT STMS-100 MRE NiCd BATTERIES

  • anthony c
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 26 6:14 AM
      I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.

      I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.

      Anthony

      PS - we are in upstate NY.

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:

      > Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
      > air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
      > enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
      > applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
      > antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
      > my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
      > again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
      >
      > > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
      > > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
      > programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
      >
      > Matthew Childers
      >

      > On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Hi
      > >
      > > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
      > > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
      > > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
      > > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
      > > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
      > > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
      > > they would be willing to sell?
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > Dick

    • Dick Coin
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 26 9:07 AM
        Any leads to Saft NiCd STM5-100MRE batteries would be helpful. I either want to buy some and get my Force on the road or sell those I have and convert to Li. Thx Dick

        ------------------------------
        On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:14 AM EDT anthony c wrote:

        >I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.
        >
        >I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.
        >
        >Anthony
        >
        >PS - we are in upstate NY.
        >
        >--- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
        >> air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
        >> enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
        >> applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
        >> antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
        >> my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
        >> again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
        >>
        >> > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
        >> > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
        >> programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
        >>
        >> Matthew Childers
        >>

        >> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> > **
        >> >

        >> > Hi
        >> >
        >> > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
        >> > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
        >> > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
        >> > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
        >> > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
        >> > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
        >> > they would be willing to sell?
        >> >
        >> > Regards
        >> > Dick

      • Dick Coin
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 26 9:07 AM
          Any leads to Saft NiCd STM5-100MRE batteries would be helpful. I either want to buy some and get my Force on the road or sell those I have and convert to Li. Thx Dick

          ------------------------------
          On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:14 AM EDT anthony c wrote:

          >I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.
          >
          >I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.
          >
          >Anthony
          >
          >PS - we are in upstate NY.
          >
          >--- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
          >> air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
          >> enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
          >> applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
          >> antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
          >> my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
          >> again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
          >>
          >> > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
          >> > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
          >> programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
          >>
          >> Matthew Childers
          >>

          >> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> > **
          >> >

          >> > Hi
          >> >
          >> > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
          >> > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
          >> > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
          >> > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
          >> > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
          >> > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
          >> > they would be willing to sell?
          >> >
          >> > Regards
          >> > Dick

        • Dick Coin
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 26 12:32 PM
            Hi. I am still trying to track down some used liquid cooled Saft NiCd batteries and will let you know if I find some. If I do not, mine might be for sale and I'll swtch to Li. As for programing acharger, I can not help, sorry.
            Regards Dick

            ------------------------------
            On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 1:39 PM EDT Matthew Childers wrote:

            >Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
            >air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
            >enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
            >applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
            >antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
            >my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
            >again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
            >
            >> Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
            >> Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
            >programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
            >
            >Matthew Childers
            >

            >On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
            >
            >> **
            >>

            >> Hi
            >>
            >> I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
            >> range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
            >> recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
            >> a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
            >> recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
            >> around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
            >> they would be willing to sell?
            >>
            >> Regards
            >> Dick

          • Dick Coin
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 26 12:58 PM

              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2013
                Anthony...If that other Think City is a vintage Ford Think City with NiCds,
                I'd like to talk to the owner & exchange notes.

                Matthew