Re: [solectria_ev] SAFT STMS-100 MRE NiCd BATTERIES

  • Dexion
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19 12:51 PM
      There also was a post on the diyelectriccar.com forums classified recently too

      Sent from my iPad

      On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:42 PM, William Swann <william.swann2@...> wrote:

      > Try Bernie at General metals in Houston. They have a fair # of saft
      > batteries. Took them in a some hospital robots being recycled. I am not
      > sure of the model. 713-644-7229
      >

      > On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> Hi
      >>
      >> I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
      >> range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
      >> recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
      >> a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
      >> recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
      >> around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
      >> they would be willing to sell?
      >>
      >> Regards
      >> Dick
      >>

      > --
      > Thanks, Bill S
      > Ph 832-338-3080
      > www.watt-tracker.com
      > www.promotingevs.com

    • Matthew Childers
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 25 10:39 AM
        Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
        air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
        enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
        applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
        antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
        my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
        again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).

        > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
        > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
        programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)

        Matthew Childers

        On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi
        >
        > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
        > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
        > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
        > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
        > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
        > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
        > they would be willing to sell?
        >
        > Regards
        > Dick

      • anthony c
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 26 6:14 AM
          I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.

          I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.

          Anthony

          PS - we are in upstate NY.

          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:

          > Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
          > air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
          > enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
          > applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
          > antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
          > my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
          > again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
          >
          > > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
          > > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
          > programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
          >
          > Matthew Childers
          >

          > On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hi
          > >
          > > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
          > > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
          > > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
          > > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
          > > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
          > > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
          > > they would be willing to sell?
          > >
          > > Regards
          > > Dick

        • Dick Coin
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 26 9:07 AM
            Any leads to Saft NiCd STM5-100MRE batteries would be helpful. I either want to buy some and get my Force on the road or sell those I have and convert to Li. Thx Dick

            ------------------------------
            On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:14 AM EDT anthony c wrote:

            >I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.
            >
            >I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.
            >
            >Anthony
            >
            >PS - we are in upstate NY.
            >
            >--- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
            >> air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
            >> enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
            >> applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
            >> antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
            >> my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
            >> again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
            >>
            >> > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
            >> > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
            >> programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
            >>
            >> Matthew Childers
            >>

            >> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> > **
            >> >

            >> > Hi
            >> >
            >> > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
            >> > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
            >> > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
            >> > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
            >> > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
            >> > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
            >> > they would be willing to sell?
            >> >
            >> > Regards
            >> > Dick

          • Dick Coin
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 26 9:07 AM
              Any leads to Saft NiCd STM5-100MRE batteries would be helpful. I either want to buy some and get my Force on the road or sell those I have and convert to Li. Thx Dick

              ------------------------------
              On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:14 AM EDT anthony c wrote:

              >I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.
              >
              >I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.
              >
              >Anthony
              >
              >PS - we are in upstate NY.
              >
              >--- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
              >> air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
              >> enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
              >> applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
              >> antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
              >> my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
              >> again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
              >>
              >> > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
              >> > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
              >> programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
              >>
              >> Matthew Childers
              >>

              >> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> > **
              >> >

              >> > Hi
              >> >
              >> > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
              >> > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
              >> > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
              >> > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
              >> > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
              >> > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
              >> > they would be willing to sell?
              >> >
              >> > Regards
              >> > Dick

            • Dick Coin
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 26 12:32 PM
                Hi. I am still trying to track down some used liquid cooled Saft NiCd batteries and will let you know if I find some. If I do not, mine might be for sale and I'll swtch to Li. As for programing acharger, I can not help, sorry.
                Regards Dick

                ------------------------------
                On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 1:39 PM EDT Matthew Childers wrote:

                >Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
                >air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
                >enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
                >applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
                >antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
                >my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
                >again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
                >
                >> Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
                >> Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
                >programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
                >
                >Matthew Childers
                >

                >On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
                >
                >> **
                >>

                >> Hi
                >>
                >> I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
                >> range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
                >> recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
                >> a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
                >> recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
                >> around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
                >> they would be willing to sell?
                >>
                >> Regards
                >> Dick

              • Dick Coin
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 26 12:58 PM

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 1, 2013
                    Anthony...If that other Think City is a vintage Ford Think City with NiCds,
                    I'd like to talk to the owner & exchange notes.

                    Matthew