Re: [solectria_ev] SAFT STMS-100 MRE NiCd BATTERIES

  • William Swann
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19, 2013
      Try Bernie at General metals in Houston. They have a fair # of saft
      batteries. Took them in a some hospital robots being recycled. I am not
      sure of the model. 713-644-7229

      --
      Thanks, Bill S
      Ph 832-338-3080

    • Dexion
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19, 2013
        There also was a post on the diyelectriccar.com forums classified recently too

        Sent from my iPad

        On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:42 PM, William Swann <william.swann2@...> wrote:

        > Try Bernie at General metals in Houston. They have a fair # of saft
        > batteries. Took them in a some hospital robots being recycled. I am not
        > sure of the model. 713-644-7229
        >

        > On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> Hi
        >>
        >> I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
        >> range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
        >> recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
        >> a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
        >> recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
        >> around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
        >> they would be willing to sell?
        >>
        >> Regards
        >> Dick
        >>

        > --
        > Thanks, Bill S
        > Ph 832-338-3080
        > www.watt-tracker.com
        > www.promotingevs.com

      • Matthew Childers
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 25, 2013
          Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
          air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
          enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
          applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
          antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
          my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
          again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).

          > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
          > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
          programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)

          Matthew Childers

          On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi
          >
          > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
          > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
          > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
          > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
          > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
          > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
          > they would be willing to sell?
          >
          > Regards
          > Dick

        • anthony c
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 26, 2013
            I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.

            I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.

            Anthony

            PS - we are in upstate NY.

            --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:

            > Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
            > air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
            > enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
            > applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
            > antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
            > my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
            > again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
            >
            > > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
            > > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
            > programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
            >
            > Matthew Childers
            >

            > On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hi
            > >
            > > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
            > > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
            > > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
            > > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
            > > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
            > > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
            > > they would be willing to sell?
            > >
            > > Regards
            > > Dick

          • Dick Coin
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 26, 2013
              Any leads to Saft NiCd STM5-100MRE batteries would be helpful. I either want to buy some and get my Force on the road or sell those I have and convert to Li. Thx Dick

              ------------------------------
              On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:14 AM EDT anthony c wrote:

              >I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.
              >
              >I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.
              >
              >Anthony
              >
              >PS - we are in upstate NY.
              >
              >--- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
              >> air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
              >> enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
              >> applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
              >> antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
              >> my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
              >> again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
              >>
              >> > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
              >> > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
              >> programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
              >>
              >> Matthew Childers
              >>

              >> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> > **
              >> >

              >> > Hi
              >> >
              >> > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
              >> > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
              >> > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
              >> > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
              >> > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
              >> > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
              >> > they would be willing to sell?
              >> >
              >> > Regards
              >> > Dick

            • Dick Coin
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 26, 2013
                Any leads to Saft NiCd STM5-100MRE batteries would be helpful. I either want to buy some and get my Force on the road or sell those I have and convert to Li. Thx Dick

                ------------------------------
                On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:14 AM EDT anthony c wrote:

                >I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.
                >
                >I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.
                >
                >Anthony
                >
                >PS - we are in upstate NY.
                >
                >--- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
                >> air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
                >> enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
                >> applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
                >> antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
                >> my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
                >> again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
                >>
                >> > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
                >> > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
                >> programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
                >>
                >> Matthew Childers
                >>

                >> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> > **
                >> >

                >> > Hi
                >> >
                >> > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
                >> > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
                >> > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
                >> > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
                >> > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
                >> > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
                >> > they would be willing to sell?
                >> >
                >> > Regards
                >> > Dick

              • Dick Coin
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 26, 2013
                  Hi. I am still trying to track down some used liquid cooled Saft NiCd batteries and will let you know if I find some. If I do not, mine might be for sale and I'll swtch to Li. As for programing acharger, I can not help, sorry.
                  Regards Dick

                  ------------------------------
                  On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 1:39 PM EDT Matthew Childers wrote:

                  >Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
                  >air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
                  >enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
                  >applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
                  >antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
                  >my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
                  >again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
                  >
                  >> Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
                  >> Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
                  >programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
                  >
                  >Matthew Childers
                  >

                  >On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> **
                  >>

                  >> Hi
                  >>
                  >> I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
                  >> range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
                  >> recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
                  >> a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
                  >> recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
                  >> around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
                  >> they would be willing to sell?
                  >>
                  >> Regards
                  >> Dick

                • Dick Coin
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 26, 2013

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 1 12:50 PM
                      Anthony...If that other Think City is a vintage Ford Think City with NiCds,
                      I'd like to talk to the owner & exchange notes.

                      Matthew