SAFT STMS-100 MRE NiCd BATTERIES

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19 11:26 AM
      Hi

      I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries they would be willing to sell?

      Regards
      Dick
    • William Swann
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19 11:42 AM
        Try Bernie at General metals in Houston. They have a fair # of saft
        batteries. Took them in a some hospital robots being recycled. I am not
        sure of the model. 713-644-7229

        --
        Thanks, Bill S
        Ph 832-338-3080

      • Dexion
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19 12:51 PM
          There also was a post on the diyelectriccar.com forums classified recently too

          Sent from my iPad

          On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:42 PM, William Swann <william.swann2@...> wrote:

          > Try Bernie at General metals in Houston. They have a fair # of saft
          > batteries. Took them in a some hospital robots being recycled. I am not
          > sure of the model. 713-644-7229
          >

          > On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> Hi
          >>
          >> I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
          >> range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
          >> recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
          >> a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
          >> recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
          >> around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
          >> they would be willing to sell?
          >>
          >> Regards
          >> Dick
          >>

          > --
          > Thanks, Bill S
          > Ph 832-338-3080
          > www.watt-tracker.com
          > www.promotingevs.com

        • Matthew Childers
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 25 10:39 AM
            Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
            air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
            enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
            applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
            antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
            my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
            again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).

            > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
            > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
            programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)

            Matthew Childers

            On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi
            >
            > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
            > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
            > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
            > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
            > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
            > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
            > they would be willing to sell?
            >
            > Regards
            > Dick

          • anthony c
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 26 6:14 AM
              I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.

              I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.

              Anthony

              PS - we are in upstate NY.

              --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:

              > Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
              > air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
              > enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
              > applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
              > antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
              > my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
              > again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
              >
              > > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
              > > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
              > programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
              >
              > Matthew Childers
              >

              > On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Hi
              > >
              > > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
              > > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
              > > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
              > > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
              > > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
              > > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
              > > they would be willing to sell?
              > >
              > > Regards
              > > Dick

            • Dick Coin
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 26 9:07 AM
                Any leads to Saft NiCd STM5-100MRE batteries would be helpful. I either want to buy some and get my Force on the road or sell those I have and convert to Li. Thx Dick

                ------------------------------
                On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:14 AM EDT anthony c wrote:

                >I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.
                >
                >I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.
                >
                >Anthony
                >
                >PS - we are in upstate NY.
                >
                >--- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
                >> air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
                >> enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
                >> applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
                >> antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
                >> my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
                >> again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
                >>
                >> > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
                >> > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
                >> programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
                >>
                >> Matthew Childers
                >>

                >> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> > **
                >> >

                >> > Hi
                >> >
                >> > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
                >> > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
                >> > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
                >> > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
                >> > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
                >> > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
                >> > they would be willing to sell?
                >> >
                >> > Regards
                >> > Dick

              • Dick Coin
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 26 9:07 AM
                  Any leads to Saft NiCd STM5-100MRE batteries would be helpful. I either want to buy some and get my Force on the road or sell those I have and convert to Li. Thx Dick

                  ------------------------------
                  On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:14 AM EDT anthony c wrote:

                  >I have access to a Th!nk City. Used, at a shop I just purchased a '81 240D Mercedes I will convert to grease.
                  >
                  >I can ask him questions/pass his information to you via personal email.
                  >
                  >Anthony
                  >
                  >PS - we are in upstate NY.
                  >
                  >--- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Childers <davisevs@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
                  >> air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
                  >> enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
                  >> applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
                  >> antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
                  >> my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
                  >> again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
                  >>
                  >> > Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
                  >> > Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
                  >> programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
                  >>
                  >> Matthew Childers
                  >>

                  >> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> > **
                  >> >

                  >> > Hi
                  >> >
                  >> > I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
                  >> > range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
                  >> > recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
                  >> > a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
                  >> > recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
                  >> > around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
                  >> > they would be willing to sell?
                  >> >
                  >> > Regards
                  >> > Dick

                • Dick Coin
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 26 12:32 PM
                    Hi. I am still trying to track down some used liquid cooled Saft NiCd batteries and will let you know if I find some. If I do not, mine might be for sale and I'll swtch to Li. As for programing acharger, I can not help, sorry.
                    Regards Dick

                    ------------------------------
                    On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 1:39 PM EDT Matthew Childers wrote:

                    >Dick: I'm looking for some liquid cooled STM100s also. I have a bunch of
                    >air cooled STM100s that were not fitted with the outside polyprop plates to
                    >enable them to be liquid cooled (they were air cooled in some
                    >applications). I am looking into trying to add exterior plates onto these
                    >antique batteries, some of which have very, very little use. Not sure if
                    >my scheme will work, but I need at least 5 modules to get my pack running
                    >again (Ford Think City...only one (?) in N Am).
                    >
                    >> Let me know if you find any...I'd be interested in a few also.
                    >> Do you program your own charging or do you use default Solectria/Brusa
                    >programming? (I need some advice on charge programming these STMs)
                    >
                    >Matthew Childers
                    >

                    >On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Richard <dickcoin@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> **
                    >>

                    >> Hi
                    >>
                    >> I have a 1999 Solectria with STMS-100 MRE flooded NiCd batteries. The
                    >> range was going down from 70-80 miles to about 20 miles. I did a recovery
                    >> recharge and brought the range back up to about 40 miles but it only lasted
                    >> a few weeks. I completed another recovery recharge and the range was not
                    >> recovered. One of the batteries is showing 3.2 V while the others are
                    >> around 6.8 during normal charging. Does anyone have any of these batteries
                    >> they would be willing to sell?
                    >>
                    >> Regards
                    >> Dick

                  • Dick Coin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 26 12:58 PM

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 1, 2013
                        Anthony...If that other Think City is a vintage Ford Think City with NiCds,
                        I'd like to talk to the owner & exchange notes.

                        Matthew