Looking for info on the AMC325 main power supply flyback transformer

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2013
      I am working on an AMC325 controller that came in for repairs. It got
      hooked up backwards and blew out the main power supply and some outputs.

      Here are the repair pics:
      http://www.wolftronix.com/amc325_1435_2/index.htm

      I got it up and running, but the flyback transformer has delaminated, or
      has a cracked ferrite core, resulting in a loud squeal.

      All the AMC drives I have worked on, have always had this squeal, but this
      one is like 5 times louder:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3LTS6_IoT0

      So does anyone have any info of the flyback transformer used in the AMC325?
      turns ratio? inductance? core material? Or have any replacements laying
      around? ;)

      If not, then I think I can calculate everything, since I can measure the
      input and output voltages and the driving pulse width, and inductor
      current... Which I would have to measure on a good working AMC.

    • Matthew Childers
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2013
        I have both AMC320s and 325s...most of them likely in working shape, but
        some might not be.
        You need any as "reference" units, or parts donors??

        Matthew