Re: RS422 Connections on AMC325

  • geo_homsy2
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 12 5:17 PM
      Are you using 56x lithium? I had to do this, to bump up the maximum battery voltage on the controller.

      What I did, if you look back in the archives here, is to get another entry gland, just like the two that are already on that panel but smaller, and install the gland. Then I cut a stubby piece of CAT5 network cable with an RJ45 on the end, put it through the gland, and soldered to a DA-15 connector. Plug the DA-15 into the programming port and secure it with screws, then screw the whole thing back together.

      Now, you have an external programming cable. Use the other end of the CAT5 cable you chopped in half, and a CAT5 barrel connector, and connect to your RS485 adapter. Voila! Any time you need to see what's up with your AMC325, you don't need to take it out of the car and unscrew the silly little panel.

      //Geo

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Gordon Stallings <genki@...> wrote:

      > I've been looking through the archives for this bit of information,
      > but couldn't find it.
      >
      > Can somebody tell me which part of the AMC325 I need to open in order
      > to access the RS422 port?
      >
      > Background: I'm converting my Force to CALB and am led to understand
      > that I need to adjust some of the settings in the controller. I have
      > a USB to 422 adapter and I have a PC to run the AMC_E.EXE program. So
      > now I need to gain access to the controller's port. But would like to
      > minimize intrusion into the controller which has worked faithfully for
      > 14 years.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > --Gordon Stallings--

    • Gordon Stallings
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21 1:32 PM
        Do you have a part number for that gland that you mentioned? Even the
        manufacturer's name would help.
        --Gordon--
        On Apr 12, 2013, at 7:17 PM, geo_homsy2 wrote:

        > Are you using 56x lithium? I had to do this, to bump up the maximum
        > battery voltage on the controller.
        >
        > What I did, if you look back in the archives here, is to get another
        > entry gland, just like the two that are already on that panel but
        > smaller, and install the gland. Then I cut a stubby piece of CAT5
        > network cable with an RJ45 on the end, put it through the gland, and
        > soldered to a DA-15 connector. Plug the DA-15 into the programming
        > port and secure it with screws, then screw the whole thing back
        > together.
        >
        > Now, you have an external programming cable. Use the other end of
        > the CAT5 cable you chopped in half, and a CAT5 barrel connector, and
        > connect to your RS485 adapter. Voila! Any time you need to see
        > what's up with your AMC325, you don't need to take it out of the car
        > and unscrew the silly little panel.
        >
        > //Geo
      • geo_homsy2
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 22 2:32 PM
          I just got mine locally at electronics plus.

          But try this:

          http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cable%20gland