Re: [solectria_ev] calb battery

  • MARK BUSH
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 8 7:42 PM
      Hi Russell,
      If you want to know what is going on in these CA Cells I would suggest watching www.evtv.me watch the friday April 5 2013 show. Jack Rickard has been playing with these batteries LiFePO4 since 2008 he has personally destroyed many cells in the name of science and knows by experiment after expensive experiment how they function� check it out.
      Mark J Bush
      "Keep On Pluggin"

      On Apr 4, 2013, at 10:50 AM, russell_fauver <russell_fauver@...> wrote:

      > I have been cycling my new Calb CA100's and I let one of 'em get too low. I was discharging it, went outside and promptly forgot about it. When I came back in I disconnected the load and checked the voltage... 1.0 volts. After sitting for a few minutes it had recovered to 2 volts and I connected it to another cell that I drained to 2.8v earlier in the day. It seemed to accept the power ok but I wonder if i've done any permanent damage to the battery. Would it be best to just trash it or should I spend some time cycling it and see how it does? I'd hate to put it in the car and have trouble with it down the road. What do you think?

    • paul dove
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 9 4:26 AM
        That is not correct information Don. These cells will indeed catch fire when over charged. If one just overcharges them a little they will still be damaged. Check the capacity and you will see they have lost some.

      • paul dove
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 9 4:32 AM
          Yes, measuring the capacity is the only way to tell.

        • paul dove
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 9 4:42 AM
            The only way to know for sure is to measure the Ah capacity of the battery. Voltage is almost meaningless

          • paul dove
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 9 7:33 AM
              bad conclusion. It dropped before the rest so some damage but minimal. still
              useable if you bottom balance the pack.

              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 9 12:12 PM
                thanks Mark. Lots of great info on there

                Russell