HELP! Any NLG4's for sale or loan??

  • geo_homsy2
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2013
      Hi all-

      I've been using my Force as a daily driver for three months now; got almost 5000 miles on the new lithium pack! :)

      Here's the rub- My NLG4 is acting VERY weird and will not charge the batteries. It claims the battery voltage is EXACTLY DOUBLE what the battery voltage actually is. Looks like a processor or configuration issue. I have a very bad suspicion that it suffered a brain hemorrhage and now thinks it is an NLG414, instead of an NLG412.

      Additional clues: It has forgotten its serial number, and its date of manufacture. I expect it may have dropped the contents of the serial EEPROM on the processor board.

      I've been working on it for several days now, with no results.

      So, first question: Anyone have the correct EEPROM image? Or a spare processor board I can swap in? Or a spare processor board I can read the EEPROM image off?

      I'm desperate here, since I have no vehicle, I've had to get a rental car.

      So, second question: Does anyone have an extra NLG4, working or nonworking, to beg, borrow, or buy? If borrowed, it will obviously be returned when I get mine fixed.

      Please please PLEASE help if you can.

      Yours,

      //Geo
      99 Force
    • David Harrington
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2013
        I have a NLG432 (6.6KW) that is programmed for NiMH that I am willing to
        part with if the price it right.

        -David

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2013
          Won't it let you charge manually like in section 5.1, 6.6 and 6.7?

          Pins 11 and 12 to +12 volts
          Pin 18 ground
          Pin 9 +12 volts
          Pin 10 ground

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2013
            CONTACT WOLF ON THIS LIST HE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU WITH A BD OR REPAIR

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2013
              I think sending to Wolf is the best or maybe the only option to fix your
              charger.

              The other would be to replace it.

              I have been hearing a lot of good feedback on the ElCon chargers and their
              pricing seems reasonable.

              I have no association with ElCon but if I was going to buy a charger I
              think it would be the one. Its also an isolated charger which is a plus.

              Curious has anyone bought a ElCon?

              Don Blazer

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3, 2013
                I used this Appnote for the MicroWire Interface:
                http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/01023A.pdf

                Here is the content of the 93LC66 (512 byte MicroWire EEPROM) in 2 pages:

                Note: This is from my spare charger for my truck, so it is programmed for
                144V... After programming the EEPROM, you will need to run NLG4 to
                reprogram it for 156V.

                Page1:
                Symbol Name Value Hex
                data "..."
                [0] '.' 0xFF
                [1] '.' 0xFF
                [2] '.' 0xFF
                [3] '.' 0xFF
                [4] '.' 0x06
                [5] '.' 0xA8
                [6] '>' 0x3E
                [7] '.' 0xE2
                [8] '.' 0xFF
                [9] '.' 0xFF
                [10] '.' 0xFF
                [11] '.' 0xFF
                [12] '.' 0xFF
                [13] '.' 0xFF
                [14] '.' 0xFF
                [15] '.' 0xFF
                [16] '.' 0xFF
                [17] '.' 0xFF
                [18] '.' 0xFF
                [19] '.' 0xFF
                [20] '.' 0xFF
                [21] '.' 0xFF
                [22] '.' 0xFF
                [23] '.' 0xFF
                [24] '.' 0xFF
                [25] '.' 0xFF
                [26] '.' 0xFF
                [27] '.' 0xFF
                [28] '.' 0xFF
                [29] '.' 0xFF
                [30] '.' 0xFF
                [31] '.' 0xFF
                [32] '.' 0xFF
                [33] '.' 0xFF
                [34] '.' 0xFF
                [35] '.' 0xFF
                [36] '.' 0xFF
                [37] '.' 0xFF
                [38] '.' 0xFF
                [39] '.' 0xFF
                [40] '.' 0xFF
                [41] '.' 0xFF
                [42] '.' 0xFF
                [43] '.' 0xFF
                [44] '.' 0xFF
                [45] '.' 0xFF
                [46] '.' 0xFF
                [47] '.' 0xFF
                [48] '.' 0xFF
                [49] '.' 0xFF
                [50] '.' 0xFF
                [51] '.' 0xFF
                [52] '.' 0xFF
                [53] '.' 0xFF
                [54] '.' 0xFF
                [55] '.' 0xFF
                [56] '.' 0xFF
                [57] '.' 0xFF
                [58] '.' 0xFF
                [59] '.' 0xFF
                [60] '.' 0xFF
                [61] '.' 0xFF
                [62] '.' 0xFF
                [63] '.' 0xFF
                [64] '.' 0xFF
                [65] '.' 0xFF
                [66] '.' 0xFF
                [67] '.' 0xFF
                [68] '.' 0xFF
                [69] '.' 0xFF
                [70] '.' 0xFF
                [71] '.' 0xFF
                [72] '.' 0xFF
                [73] '.' 0xFF
                [74] '.' 0xFF
                [75] '.' 0xFF
                [76] '.' 0xFF
                [77] '.' 0xFF
                [78] '.' 0xFF
                [79] '.' 0xFF
                [80] '.' 0xFF
                [81] '.' 0xFF
                [82] '.' 0xFF
                [83] '.' 0xFF
                [84] '.' 0xFF
                [85] '.' 0xFF
                [86] '.' 0xFF
                [87] '.' 0xFF
                [88] '.' 0x88
                [89] 'b' 0x62
                [90] '.' 0x00
                [91] '.' 0x02
                [92] '.' 0xFF
                [93] '.' 0xFF
                [94] '.' 0x7F
                [95] '.' 0xFF
                [96] '.' 0x14
                [97] '.' 0xC5
                [98] '.' 0x08
                [99] 't' 0x74
                [100] 'N' 0x4E
                [101] '.' 0x9C
                [102] '.' 0x0C
                [103] 'q' 0x71
                [104] '.' 0x80
                [105] '.' 0xB2
                [106] '.' 0x00
                [107] '.' 0xE5
                [108] '<' 0x3C
                [109] '.' 0x8F
                [110] '.' 0xE0
                [111] '.' 0x01
                [112] '.' 0xCF
                [113] '.' 0xF7
                [114] '.' 0x00
                [115] '.' 0x00
                [116] '.' 0x01
                [117] '"' 0x22
                [118] '.' 0x00
                [119] '.' 0x00
                [120] '.' 0x01
                [121] '.' 0xBD
                [122] '.' 0x00
                [123] '.' 0x00
                [124] 'Z' 0x5A
                [125] 'S' 0x53
                [126] 'S' 0x53
                [127] '$' 0x24
                [128] '.' 0x1C
                [129] '3' 0x33
                [130] '.' 0x1C
                [131] '.' 0x04
                [132] '.' 0x00
                [133] '.' 0x00
                [134] '.' 0x00
                [135] '.' 0x00
                [136] '.' 0x00
                [137] '.' 0x01
                [138] '.' 0x00
                [139] '.' 0x00
                [140] '.' 0x00
                [141] '.' 0x00
                [142] '.' 0x00
                [143] '.' 0x00
                [144] '.' 0x12
                [145] '.' 0x0F
                [146] '.' 0x00
                [147] '.' 0x00
                [148] '.' 0x01
                [149] '.' 0x06
                [150] '.' 0x00
                [151] '.' 0x00
                [152] '.' 0x01
                [153] '.' 0x94
                [154] '.' 0x00
                [155] '.' 0x00
                [156] 'Z' 0x5A
                [157] 'S' 0x53
                [158] 'S' 0x53
                [159] '$' 0x24
                [160] '.' 0x1C
                [161] '3' 0x33
                [162] '.' 0x1C
                [163] '.' 0x04
                [164] '.' 0x03
                [165] '.' 0x95
                [166] '.' 0x00
                [167] '.' 0x00
                [168] '.' 0x00
                [169] '.' 0x1B
                [170] '.' 0x00
                [171] '.' 0x00
                [172] '.' 0x00
                [173] ')' 0x29
                [174] '.' 0x00
                [175] '.' 0x00
                [176] 'Y' 0x59
                [177] '.' 0xB0
                [178] 'V' 0x56
                [179] ';' 0x3B
                [180] '.' 0x1C
                [181] '3' 0x33
                [182] '.' 0x1C
                [183] '.' 0x04
                [184] '.' 0xBA
                [185] 'R' 0x52
                [186] '.' 0x00
                [187] '.' 0x00
                [188] '.' 0x00
                [189] '.' 0x00
                [190] '.' 0x00
                [191] '.' 0x00
                [192] '.' 0x00
                [193] '.' 0x00
                [194] '.' 0x00
                [195] '.' 0x00
                [196] 'V' 0x56
                [197] 'c' 0x63
                [198] 'S' 0x53
                [199] '.' 0xDF
                [200] '.' 0x1C
                [201] '.' 0x1B
                [202] '.' 0x1C
                [203] '.' 0x04
                [204] '.' 0x00
                [205] '.' 0x00
                [206] '.' 0x00
                [207] '.' 0x00
                [208] '.' 0x00
                [209] '.' 0x00
                [210] '.' 0x00
                [211] '.' 0x00
                [212] '.' 0x00
                [213] '.' 0x00
                [214] '.' 0x00
                [215] '.' 0x00
                [216] '.' 0x00
                [217] '.' 0x00
                [218] '.' 0xFF
                [219] '.' 0xFF
                [220] '.' 0x80
                [221] '.' 0x00
                [222] '.' 0x7F
                [223] '.' 0xFF
                [224] '.' 0x00
                [225] '.' 0x00
                [226] '.' 0x00
                [227] '.' 0x00
                [228] '.' 0x00
                [229] '.' 0x00
                [230] '.' 0x00
                [231] '.' 0x00
                [232] '.' 0x00
                [233] '.' 0x00
                [234] '.' 0x00
                [235] '.' 0x00
                [236] '.' 0x00
                [237] '.' 0x00
                [238] '.' 0xFF
                [239] '.' 0xFF
                [240] '.' 0x80
                [241] '.' 0x00
                [242] '.' 0x7F
                [243] '.' 0xFF
                [244] '.' 0x85
                [245] 't' 0x74
                [246] '.' 0x04
                [247] '9' 0x39
                [248] 'I' 0x49
                [249] '.' 0xBA
                [250] '&' 0x26
                [251] 'f' 0x66
                [252] '.' 0x01
                [253] '.' 0xE6
                [254] '@' 0x40
                [255] '.' 0x00

                Page2:
                Symbol Name Value Hex
                data "..."
                [0] '@' 0x40
                [1] '.' 0x00
                [2] 'C' 0x43
                [3] '.' 0xD7
                [4] '%' 0x25
                [5] '.' 0xAF
                [6] '.' 0x2E
                [7] 'W' 0x57
                [8] 'F' 0x46
                [9] 'f' 0x66
                [10] 'u' 0x75
                [11] '.' 0xC3
                [12] '/' 0x2F
                [13] '.' 0x00
                [14] '.' 0x00
                [15] '.' 0x0D
                [16] '.' 0x97
                [17] '.' 0x80
                [18] '.' 0x00
                [19] '.' 0x06
                [20] '.' 0xAB
                [21] '.' 0xC0
                [22] '.' 0x15
                [23] 'o' 0x6F
                [24] 'Y' 0x59
                [25] '.' 0x9A
                [26] '.' 0x19
                [27] '.' 0x9A
                [28] '.' 0xB0
                [29] 'A' 0x41
                [30] '\' 0x5C
                [31] ')' 0x29
                [32] '.' 0x00
                [33] '.' 0x00
                [34] '.' 0x05
                [35] '.' 0x1F
                [36] '.' 0x00
                [37] '.' 0x00
                [38] '.' 0x8D
                [39] '.' 0x80
                [40] '.' 0x00
                [41] '[' 0x5B
                [42] '.' 0xF1
                [43] '.' 0xA0
                [44] '.' 0x00
                [45] '.' 0x04
                [46] '.' 0xFF
                [47] '.' 0xFE
                [48] '.' 0x00
                [49] '.' 0x00
                [50] '.' 0x00
                [51] '.' 0x00
                [52] '.' 0x00
                [53] '.' 0x00
                [54] '.' 0x00
                [55] '.' 0x00
                [56] '.' 0x00
                [57] '.' 0x00
                [58] '.' 0x00
                [59] '.' 0x00
                [60] '.' 0x00
                [61] '.' 0x00
                [62] '/' 0x2F
                [63] '.' 0x00
                [64] '.' 0x00
                [65] '.' 0x00
                [66] '.' 0xF3
                [67] '3' 0x33
                [68] '.' 0x00
                [69] '.' 0x00
                [70] '\' 0x5C
                [71] ')' 0x29
                [72] '.' 0x03
                [73] '.' 0xD7
                [74] '.' 0x02
                [75] '.' 0x0F
                [76] '.' 0x8C
                [77] '.' 0xA0
                [78] '.' 0x00
                [79] '.' 0x00
                [80] '.' 0x00
                [81] '.' 0x00
                [82] '.' 0x00
                [83] '.' 0x00
                [84] '.' 0x00
                [85] '.' 0x00
                [86] '.' 0x00
                [87] '.' 0x00
                [88] '.' 0x00
                [89] '.' 0x00
                [90] '.' 0x00
                [91] '.' 0x00
                [92] '.' 0x00
                [93] '.' 0x0E
                [94] '.' 0x01
                [95] '*' 0x2A
                [96] ' ' 0x20
                [97] '.' 0x00
                [98] '.' 0x00
                [99] '.' 0x00
                [100] 'R' 0x52
                [101] '.' 0xDA
                [102] '.' 0x00
                [103] '.' 0x00
                [104] '.' 0x00
                [105] '.' 0x00
                [106] '.' 0x00
                [107] '.' 0x00
                [108] '.' 0xE0
                [109] '.' 0x0E
                [110] '.' 0x00
                [111] '.' 0x00
                [112] '.' 0x7F
                [113] '.' 0xFF
                [114] '.' 0x00
                [115] '.' 0x00
                [116] 'S' 0x53
                [117] '.' 0x8F
                [118] '.' 0x13
                [119] '3' 0x33
                [120] '.' 0x00
                [121] '.' 0x00
                [122] '.' 0x00
                [123] '.' 0x00
                [124] '.' 0x00
                [125] '.' 0x00
                [126] '.' 0x00
                [127] '.' 0x00
                [128] '.' 0x00
                [129] '.' 0x00
                [130] '.' 0x00
                [131] '.' 0x00
                [132] '.' 0x00
                [133] '.' 0x00
                [134] '.' 0x00
                [135] '.' 0x00
                [136] '.' 0x00
                [137] '.' 0x00
                [138] '.' 0x00
                [139] '.' 0x00
                [140] '.' 0x80
                [141] '.' 0x00
                [142] '.' 0x00
                [143] '.' 0x00
                [144] '.' 0x00
                [145] '.' 0x00
                [146] '.' 0x00
                [147] '.' 0x00
                [148] '.' 0x00
                [149] '.' 0x00
                [150] '.' 0x00
                [151] '.' 0x00
                [152] '.' 0x00
                [153] '.' 0x00
                [154] '.' 0x00
                [155] '.' 0x00
                [156] '.' 0x00
                [157] '.' 0x00
                [158] '.' 0x00
                [159] '.' 0x00
                [160] '.' 0x00
                [161] '.' 0x00
                [162] '.' 0x00
                [163] '.' 0x00
                [164] '.' 0x00
                [165] '.' 0x00
                [166] '.' 0x80
                [167] '.' 0x00
                [168] '.' 0x00
                [169] '.' 0x00
                [170] '.' 0x00
                [171] '.' 0x00
                [172] '.' 0x00
                [173] '.' 0x00
                [174] '.' 0x00
                [175] '.' 0x00
                [176] '.' 0x00
                [177] '.' 0x00
                [178] '.' 0x00
                [179] '.' 0x00
                [180] '.' 0x00
                [181] '.' 0x00
                [182] '.' 0x00
                [183] '.' 0x00
                [184] '.' 0x00
                [185] '.' 0x00
                [186] '.' 0x00
                [187] '.' 0x00
                [188] '.' 0x00
                [189] '.' 0x00
                [190] '.' 0x00
                [191] '.' 0x00
                [192] '.' 0x00
                [193] '.' 0x00
                [194] '.' 0x00
                [195] '.' 0x00
                [196] '.' 0x00
                [197] '.' 0x00
                [198] '.' 0x00
                [199] '.' 0x00
                [200] '.' 0x00
                [201] '.' 0x00
                [202] '.' 0x00
                [203] '.' 0x00
                [204] '.' 0x00
                [205] '.' 0x00
                [206] '.' 0x00
                [207] '.' 0x00
                [208] '.' 0x00
                [209] '.' 0x00
                [210] '.' 0x00
                [211] '.' 0x00
                [212] '.' 0x80
                [213] '.' 0x00
                [214] '.' 0x00
                [215] '.' 0x00
                [216] '.' 0x00
                [217] '.' 0x00
                [218] '.' 0x00
                [219] '.' 0x00
                [220] '.' 0x00
                [221] '.' 0x00
                [222] '.' 0x00
                [223] '.' 0x00
                [224] '.' 0x00
                [225] '.' 0x00
                [226] '.' 0x00
                [227] '.' 0x00
                [228] '.' 0x00
                [229] '.' 0x00
                [230] '.' 0x00
                [231] '.' 0x00
                [232] '.' 0x00
                [233] '.' 0x00
                [234] '.' 0x00
                [235] '.' 0x00
                [236] '.' 0x00
                [237] '.' 0x00
                [238] '.' 0x00
                [239] '.' 0x00
                [240] '.' 0x00
                [241] '.' 0x00
                [242] '.' 0x00
                [243] '.' 0x00
                [244] '.' 0x00
                [245] '.' 0x00
                [246] '.' 0x00
                [247] '.' 0x00
                [248] '.' 0x00
                [249] '.' 0x00
                [250] '.' 0x00
                [251] '.' 0x00
                [252] '.' 0x00
                [253] '.' 0x00
                [254] '2' 0x32
                [255] '.' 0xDD

                --
                Wolf
                *wags his tail*

              • Newton Hausermann
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 3, 2013
                  I have an elcon for the project i'm working on and they had good service, i
                  can't say how good as we have yet to have an issue with it. I called them
                  up, took a few tries to get through to them (it's a small company) I was
                  able to get the charger i wanted ordered and programmed within 10 minuets,
                  it arrived well packaged and un damaged. The LED is just that... for
                  changing the program/confirming your settings, it does it's job. For the $
                  2 or 3 LED's or usb access would've been nice but I understand the hassel
                  that is. I'm saying this from the perspective that $60 RC car chargers can
                  do this. We don't have a ton of cycles on the charger, as were almost done
                  with one vehicle and the other is very far out of balance so were charging
                  it painfully slow with a DC powersupply because the eclon hits it with so
                  much power the voltage on the high cells goes through the roof and the BMS
                  kicks off the charger, brings the highs down within limit and then it kicks
                  it off within minuets. No fault of the elcon unit though, as thats the
                  charge curve we picked out and if the pack was in good shape I'm sure it
                  would preform as it should. So the elcon is a good unit based off of my
                  initial and limited use of it.

                  Newton