EV repair facility w/in 500 mi of Cincinnati,OH ?

  • Walt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16 3:45 PM
      Any suggestions from anyone in the group for where to take my 97 Force?

      I have a lurching/jerking from a dead stop that is chronic now. I think I can just barely hear it arcing/shorting when it happens.

      My BC3300 seems to have been chronically over charging my once new string of Deka Dominators. 2 years ago, I replaced poly-snubber capacitors that looked fried and it still acts the same.

      Just 6000 miles into the new string , I cant pull 30 miles round trip to work anymore and driving up the shoulder in limp mode is just too exciting for me.

      I'd like to pull the trigger on Lithium upgrade but I cant get past these problems.

      I replaced the heater relay, the amp hours capacitor & put in a new string & replced capacitors in the bc3300, but I am at the limit of my time & expertise.

      I belong to the CincyEV Club, but is almost all VOLT owners, only two of us are PLUGIN and the repair facility that hosts us is good with the hybrids only
    • William Swann
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16 4:21 PM
        The jerking may be an encoder gap problem. Does the kerking also limit the
        top speed? Repair instructions are in one of the manuals.

        --
        Thanks, Bill S
        Ph 832-338-3080