Re: [solectria_ev] Re: Com Port

  • Russell Fauver
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 5, 2013
      Yep, up and running  :-)  thanks

      ________________________________
      From: geo_homsy2 <geo.homsy@...>
      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:15 AM
      Subject: [solectria_ev] Re: Com Port

      Did you ever get this working?

      I had a lot of trouble getting mine to work with most brands of USB/serial adapters.

      Fortunately I have an old edgeport/8 lying around that has rock solid drivers.  That one works.

      Hope you got yours working...

      //Geo

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 5, 2013
        Also, make a note of which USB port the adapter is in.

        If you plug it into another USB port, it will go back to com 5 or 6.
        On Mar 5, 2013 7:23 AM, "russell_fauver" <russell_fauver@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Thanks! That fixed it. Vista had it set up on Com 5.
        >
        > Russell
        >
        > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Wolf wrote:
        > >
        > > Plug in the USB to serial adapter.
        > >
        > > Go to device manager.
        > > Click advanced properties on the comm port.
        > >
        > > Change it to comm 1.
        > >
        > > Windows likes to default USB to serial adapters on comm 6 for some odd
        > > reason...
        > > On Mar 4, 2013 7:20 PM, "Dexion" wrote:
        > >
        > > > **
        > > >

        > > > Same hardware and machine but with Windows 7 I couldn't get it to work
        > > > with either cable
        > > >
        > > > Sent from my iPad

        > an XP
        > > > machine that works fine with a serial cable but does not work the USB
        > > > adapter

        > the
        > > > NLG4 charger. All I have is USB ports so I bought this adapter
        > > >
        > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2145403anddownloaded the driver from the mfg website. I plug the cord in with the
        > > > charger running and try monlog_e I get a message that says no com 1
        > found
        > > > then it'll try again looking for com 2 but still nothing then it times
        > out.

      • russell_fauver
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 5, 2013
          thanks for the heads up.