Re: Com Port

  • russell_fauver
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 5 5:23 AM
      Thanks! That fixed it. Vista had it set up on Com 5.

      Russell

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Wolf <wolf@...> wrote:

      > Plug in the USB to serial adapter.
      >
      > Go to device manager.
      > Click advanced properties on the comm port.
      >
      > Change it to comm 1.
      >
      > Windows likes to default USB to serial adapters on comm 6 for some odd
      > reason...
      > On Mar 4, 2013 7:20 PM, "Dexion" <dexion111@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Same hardware and machine but with Windows 7 I couldn't get it to work
      > > with either cable
      > >
      > > Sent from my iPad
      > >
      > > On Mar 4, 2013, at 8:19 PM, Dexion dexion111@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Take 2 has it ever worked with that laptop and that adapter I have an XP
      > > machine that works fine with a serial cable but does not work the USB
      > > adapter
      > > >
      > > > Sent from my iPad

      > > NLG4 charger. All I have is USB ports so I bought this adapter
      > > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2145403and downloaded the driver from the mfg website. I plug the cord in with the
      > > charger running and try monlog_e I get a message that says no com 1 found
      > > then it'll try again looking for com 2 but still nothing then it times out.

    • Russell Fauver
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 5 8:14 AM
        Yep, up and running  :-)  thanks

        ________________________________
        I had a lot of trouble getting mine to work with most brands of USB/serial adapters.

        Fortunately I have an old edgeport/8 lying around that has rock solid drivers.  That one works.

        Hope you got yours working...

        //Geo

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 5 9:47 AM
          Also, make a note of which USB port the adapter is in.

          If you plug it into another USB port, it will go back to com 5 or 6.
          On Mar 5, 2013 7:23 AM, "russell_fauver" <russell_fauver@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Thanks! That fixed it. Vista had it set up on Com 5.
          >
          > Russell
          >
          > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Wolf wrote:
          > >
          > > Plug in the USB to serial adapter.
          > >
          > > Go to device manager.
          > > Click advanced properties on the comm port.
          > >
          > > Change it to comm 1.
          > >
          > > Windows likes to default USB to serial adapters on comm 6 for some odd
          > > reason...
          > > On Mar 4, 2013 7:20 PM, "Dexion" wrote:
          > >
          > > > **
          > > >

          > > > Same hardware and machine but with Windows 7 I couldn't get it to work
          > > > with either cable
          > > >
          > > > Sent from my iPad

          > an XP
          > > > machine that works fine with a serial cable but does not work the USB
          > > > adapter

          > the
          > > > NLG4 charger. All I have is USB ports so I bought this adapter
          > > >
          > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2145403anddownloaded the driver from the mfg website. I plug the cord in with the
          > > > charger running and try monlog_e I get a message that says no com 1
          > found
          > > > then it'll try again looking for com 2 but still nothing then it times
          > out.

        • russell_fauver
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 5 10:39 AM
            thanks for the heads up.