Re: AC Motor

  • GeorgeB
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
      Aaron,

      I call it bakelite (I misspelled it before). It is a hard brittle plastic. It held the 4 brush carriers. THe brush plugs are bakelite and chipping badly. The last time I worked on it one brush was misaligned because the bakelite was crumbling away. This time all four brushes are ofset to the point one hit another brush wire and blew the fuse in the Air Conditioning controller.

      I tried JB weld to no avail. Perhaps if I could get it really cleaned up. THere is carbon and bakelite everywhere in the end case.