Re: [solectria_ev] Cold and Thundersky cells

  • d. Bouton Baldridge
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
      Hi Newton,
       that is a great set of observations. I have found that the high temps, anything above 80 degress F is the best performance on my 4 year old  40 Ah TSs, in fact they provide impressive power for their size, but the cold is "not so much" I have to rewind my stop watch for 0-60mph acceleration readings, but the waterbed heater does just enough for our mild winters to keep most of those following me from giving me the finger in traffic. Just as you have discussed, since the controller prevents the voltage from going too low when the pack is cold there does not appear to be much degradation from the cold performance. I would love to see another 4 more years, but we are going into uncharted territory now.
      Bouty