Re: [solectria_ev] Re: S10 Solectria DC/DC Converter

  • William Swann
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 5, 2013
      My E-10 has an amp-hour meter in the console. I believe it was mfg by
      BRUSA. It integrates amps with time, to show accumulated amps-hours. If it
      shows 0.19 amp hours over 5 hours, then the constant "parasitic" draw, if
      you can call it that, is 0.19 amp-hours / 5 hours = 0.038 amps
      continuously. By the way, does your e-10 have parallel 144 volt packs, or
      one pack servicing both controllers?

      On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:20 PM, paul_cozad <blessed_24_7@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > When you say amp hour meter, are you refering to the link 10?. If so, that
      > is another issue I need to work through. The vehicle has been sitting for
      > about 2 years so I am working on getting everthing going again. I do not
      > have much experience with the link 10 so do not know exactly how to set it
      > (need to do some reading on it). With the charger plugged in, it shows 510
      > amp. I will have to see what it reads for amps when the charger shut down.
      > The "T" or time on the Link 10 blinks CCC. Not sure what that is.
      >
      > Paul
      >
      > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, William Swann wrote:
      > >
      > > You could hook a multimeter on the amp scale to see. Or just go look and
      > > time the amp hour meter, as it shows amps out.
      > >
      > > On Tuesday, February 5, 2013, paul_cozad wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > I have a 1996 Solectria S10. I am trying to figure out what kind of
      > draw I
      > > > should have from the dc/dc converter when everything is shut down.
      > When the
      > > > key is off, the only thing (I know of) that is running is the "Link
      > 10" and
      > > > the radio memory.
      > > > What would/should be a normal draw when everything is off?
      > > >
      > > > Paul
      > > >

      > > --
      > > Thanks, Bill S
      > > Ph 832-338-3080
      > > www.watt-tracker.com
      > > www.promotingevs.com

      Thanks, Bill S
      Ph 832-338-3080
      www.watt-tracker.com
      www.promotingevs.com

    • paul_cozad
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 5, 2013
        It currently has one 144 volt string in the rear box. That string is made up of 12 very questionable Deka Dominator Marine/Rv batteries and nothing up front. I believe originally it had three strings of twelve. My plan is to add a pack up front to get back to two strings. Currently researching batterie options.

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6, 2013
          I converted my 144v E10 from 36 to 24 batteries, see the bottom of this
          page:

          http://wolftronix.com/E10/index.html

          I stuck with lead due to cost of lithium at them time... I have 2 years,
          10,000 miles on the pack. I paid $3200 for 24 group 27 Deka Dominators.
          Price included shipping and a $20.00 core return on 24 old batteries I
          traded in.

        • William Swann
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 6, 2013
            So, did you change the voltage that the controllers see? If so, did you
            have to tweek the parameters?

            Thanks, Bill S
            Ph 832-338-3080
            www.watt-tracker.com
            www.promotingevs.com

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 6, 2013
              No changes to the controllers.
              36 batteries = 3 strings at 144 V
              24 batteries = 2 strings at 144 V

              I did change the programming in the battery charger from AGM to Gell cell.

            • paul_cozad
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 6, 2013
                I read through your writtings about the E10 restoration. It help me out a lot as I only have limited experience with the Solectria E10. I believe you wrote that you have 10,000 miles on your group 27 Deka Dominators. Could you tell me how many miles you get with the Deka pack and what kind of speed you can acheive?

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 6, 2013
                  I am glad it helped, that is why it is there.

                  I can get up to the 70 MPH speed limiter in normal or performance mode.

                  I max out around 55-60 MPH in economy mode.

                  I can get around 50 mile range per charge if I keep it in economy mode.

                  And around 30 mile range on all highway driving per charge.

                  I typically have a 20 mile round trip to work each day. 30 mile round trip
                  if me and my wife head into town to eat out and/or catch a movie.

                  I don't know how many miles I will get out of the pack... But when it dies
                  I will upgrade to lithium.

                  All proceeds I make from EV repair stuff goes into the new battery fund.

                • paul_cozad
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 9, 2013
                    I need to do some research on purchasing a battery pack and would like part of that research to be the type of pack you are running. Could you tell me what type of battery you are using and the part number of the battery, and maybe even where you purchased them.

                    Paul