Re: [solectria_ev] Solectria to DMOC 645 interface.

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2013
      Azure Dynamics (formerly Solectria) made the drives.

      The motor is made by Siemens.

      These are the motors and controllers from the Azure Dynamics bankruptcy
      auction.

      I have been working on and off over the past month to get one to spin.
      On Jan 31, 2013 10:02 AM, "William Swann" <william.swann2@...> wrote:

      > I am un-aware of this technology. Are these Siemens motors? Who makes /
      > made the drives?
      >
      > On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Wolf <wolf@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I got my prototype Solectra to DMOC 645 adapter working.
      > >
      > > This is for my Dad's electric Mini Cooper, he is currently using a UMOC
      > > 445. But wants to upgrade to the DMOC 645. (More Power)
      > >
      > > The DMOC 645 uses a CAN interface, instead of an analog interface.
      > >
      > > pics:
      > > http://www.wolftronix.com/dmoc645_003/IMAG0327.jpg
      > > http://www.wolftronix.com/dmoc645_003/IMAG0329.jpg
      > >
      > > video:
      > > http://www.wolftronix.com/dmoc645_003/VIDEO0009.mp4

      > --
      > Thanks, Bill S
      > Ph 832-338-3080
      > www.watt-tracker.com
      > www.promotingevs.com

    • paul dove
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2013
        Where did you get the information to build your Manual motor controller? Are you interfacing to the DMOC via serial or Can bus? and what program are you running on the PC?

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2013
          All the information I used to get it working was freely available on Azure
          Dynamics website.

          The interface is CAN bus.

          The PC is running Microchip's MPLAB. But it is only being used to
          program/debug the micro.

          It will run in a stand alone environment, with out the PC.

          The micro is just encoding the analog and switch signals and packing them
          into the CAN messages that the DMOC expects to see.

          First spin:
          http://youtu.be/RQP14N-xNh4

          Forward/Reverse/Regen:
          http://youtu.be/ePjOQYHKgYU