Re: [solectria_ev] Digest Number 2416

  • William Swann
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2013
      My truck has 4 small vacuum pumps, that operate in parallel. They are
      black plastic, and you can literally wrap your fingers around it. The Force
      has one. Somehow the rubber diaphragm got torn. Does the Thomas unit fit
      this description? I could send an jpeg.
      Looking at your E-10, I think you had indicated that you experience a
      longitudinal jerking in the drive train when coasting. I have the same
      problem, and have not resolved it yet. Thinking it was excessive backlash
      in the differential, I removed it and got an opinion from a differential
      repair service. They said it looked OK. I tried driving on one motor, and
      the problem does not persist. It is the interplay between the 2 drives. My
      next effort will be to take the drives out of another (working) E-10, to
      see if it is a bad drive. The LEDs on the encoder boards on the bad truck
      blink OK, so I guess they are OK.

      --
      Thanks, Bill S
      Ph 832-338-3080