RE: [solectria_ev] Digest Number 2416

  • jwolfe@doitnow.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2013
      Original Message:
      -----------------
      Topics in this digest:

      1a. Vacuum punp
      Posted by: "William S"
      Date: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:10 pm ((PST))

      I am in need of a couple small units, that operate off of 12 volts. Does
      anyone have some surplus units?
      Thanks in advance.

      I have (1), a Thomas, that I am not going to be using, I've kept it for a
      backup and won't be needing it.

      Do they need to be matching units?

      Jim -
      www.evalbum.com/1703

    • William Swann
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2013
        My truck has 4 small vacuum pumps, that operate in parallel. They are
        black plastic, and you can literally wrap your fingers around it. The Force
        has one. Somehow the rubber diaphragm got torn. Does the Thomas unit fit
        this description? I could send an jpeg.
        Looking at your E-10, I think you had indicated that you experience a
        longitudinal jerking in the drive train when coasting. I have the same
        problem, and have not resolved it yet. Thinking it was excessive backlash
        in the differential, I removed it and got an opinion from a differential
        repair service. They said it looked OK. I tried driving on one motor, and
        the problem does not persist. It is the interplay between the 2 drives. My
        next effort will be to take the drives out of another (working) E-10, to
        see if it is a bad drive. The LEDs on the encoder boards on the bad truck
        blink OK, so I guess they are OK.

        --
        Thanks, Bill S
        Ph 832-338-3080