Re: [solectria_ev] Force / E-10 cabin heater

  • William Swann
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
      Thank you. I have found a schematic, and will trace out the wires / replace
      fuses as necessary.

      On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Chandler Chip
      <cchandler66@...>wrote:

      > In the file section there are various service manuals on different year
      > Forces and E-10s and a manual on the Eberspracher D5W, if you have that
      > heater. The diesel heater would be where the AC unit would be in a Force,
      > shown in the service manuals. We need more information on your Solectria to
      > help.
      >
      > Chip Chandler
      > cchandler66@...
      >
      > On Jan 16, 2013, at 1:03 PM, William Swann <william.swann2@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > I assume I have electric, as there is a push button on the console. If I
      > > had diesel/kerosene, how would I know it?
      > >
      > > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Chandler Chip
      > > cchandler66@...>wrote:
      > >
      > > > Electric or Eberspracher diesel/kerosene?
      > > >

      > > > Chip Chandler
      > > > cchandler66@...

      > > > anyone describe what buttons to push to make it work? What beyond the
      > fan
      > > > and heat button are needed? Thanks in advance.

      > > --
      > > Thanks, Bill S
      > > Ph 832-338-3080
      > > www.watt-tracker.com
      > > www.promotingevs.com

      Thanks, Bill S
      Ph 832-338-3080
      www.watt-tracker.com
      www.promotingevs.com

    • Etienne Gibeault
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
        The D5W diesel heater in my 98 Force also failed a few years ago and I have not been able to find the location of the fuses for it. If you do I'd really appreciate it if you could let us know their location(s). Thanks. Etienne

        ________________________________

        cchandler66@...>wrote:

        > In the file section there are various service manuals on different year
        > Forces and E-10s and a manual on the Eberspracher D5W, if you have that
        > heater. The diesel heater would be where the AC unit would be in a Force,
        > shown in the service manuals. We need more information on your Solectria to
        > help.
        >
        > Chip Chandler
        > cchandler66@...
        >
        > On Jan 16, 2013, at 1:03 PM, William Swann william.swann2@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > I assume I have electric, as there is a push button on the console. If I
        > > had diesel/kerosene, how would I know it?
        > >
        > > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Chandler Chip
        > > cchandler66@...>wrote:
        > >
        > > > Electric or Eberspracher diesel/kerosene?
        > > >

        > > > Chip Chandler
        > > > cchandler66@...

        > > > anyone describe what buttons to push to make it work? What beyond the
        > fan
        > > > and heat button are needed? Thanks in advance.

        > > --
        > > Thanks, Bill S
        > > Ph 832-338-3080
        > > www.watt-tracker.com
        > > www.promotingevs.com

        Thanks, Bill S
        Ph 832-338-3080
        www.watt-tracker.com
        www.promotingevs.com

      • William Swann
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
          I have electric heat only. The fuse for that is on top of a plastic box
          under the hood. It is the box with maybe 9 fuses. They should be labeled.

          Thanks, Bill S
          Ph 832-338-3080
          www.watt-tracker.com
          www.promotingevs.com