Re: [solectria_ev] Force / E-10 cabin heater

  • Chandler Chip
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
      In the file section there are various service manuals on different year Forces and E-10s and a manual on the Eberspracher D5W, if you have that heater. The diesel heater would be where the AC unit would be in a Force, shown in the service manuals. We need more information on your Solectria to help.

      Chip Chandler
      cchandler66@...

      On Jan 16, 2013, at 1:03 PM, William Swann <william.swann2@...> wrote:

      > I assume I have electric, as there is a push button on the console. If I
      > had diesel/kerosene, how would I know it?
      >
      > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Chandler Chip
      > cchandler66@...>wrote:
      >
      > > Electric or Eberspracher diesel/kerosene?
      > >

      > > Chip Chandler
      > > cchandler66@...
      > >
      > > On Jan 15, 2013, at 9:03 PM, William S william.swann2@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Mine does not work. I can not find a schematic, to troubleshoot. Can
      > > anyone describe what buttons to push to make it work? What beyond the fan
      > > and heat button are needed? Thanks in advance.

      > --
      > Thanks, Bill S
      > Ph 832-338-3080
      > www.watt-tracker.com
      > www.promotingevs.com

    • William Swann
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
        Thank you. I have found a schematic, and will trace out the wires / replace
        fuses as necessary.

        On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Chandler Chip
        <cchandler66@...>wrote:

        > In the file section there are various service manuals on different year
        > Forces and E-10s and a manual on the Eberspracher D5W, if you have that
        > heater. The diesel heater would be where the AC unit would be in a Force,
        > shown in the service manuals. We need more information on your Solectria to
        > help.
        >
        > Chip Chandler
        > cchandler66@...
        >
        > On Jan 16, 2013, at 1:03 PM, William Swann <william.swann2@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > I assume I have electric, as there is a push button on the console. If I
        > > had diesel/kerosene, how would I know it?
        > >
        > > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Chandler Chip
        > > cchandler66@...>wrote:
        > >
        > > > Electric or Eberspracher diesel/kerosene?
        > > >

        > > > Chip Chandler
        > > > cchandler66@...

        > > > anyone describe what buttons to push to make it work? What beyond the
        > fan
        > > > and heat button are needed? Thanks in advance.

        > > --
        > > Thanks, Bill S
        > > Ph 832-338-3080
        > > www.watt-tracker.com
        > > www.promotingevs.com

        Thanks, Bill S
        Ph 832-338-3080
        www.watt-tracker.com
        www.promotingevs.com

      • Etienne Gibeault
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
          The D5W diesel heater in my 98 Force also failed a few years ago and I have not been able to find the location of the fuses for it. If you do I'd really appreciate it if you could let us know their location(s). Thanks. Etienne

          ________________________________

          cchandler66@...>wrote:

          > In the file section there are various service manuals on different year
          > Forces and E-10s and a manual on the Eberspracher D5W, if you have that
          > heater. The diesel heater would be where the AC unit would be in a Force,
          > shown in the service manuals. We need more information on your Solectria to
          > help.
          >
          > Chip Chandler
          > cchandler66@...
          >
          > On Jan 16, 2013, at 1:03 PM, William Swann william.swann2@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > I assume I have electric, as there is a push button on the console. If I
          > > had diesel/kerosene, how would I know it?
          > >
          > > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Chandler Chip
          > > cchandler66@...>wrote:
          > >
          > > > Electric or Eberspracher diesel/kerosene?
          > > >

          > > > Chip Chandler
          > > > cchandler66@...

          > > > anyone describe what buttons to push to make it work? What beyond the
          > fan
          > > > and heat button are needed? Thanks in advance.

          > > --
          > > Thanks, Bill S
          > > Ph 832-338-3080
          > > www.watt-tracker.com
          > > www.promotingevs.com

          Thanks, Bill S
          Ph 832-338-3080
          www.watt-tracker.com
          www.promotingevs.com

        • William Swann
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
            I have electric heat only. The fuse for that is on top of a plastic box
            under the hood. It is the box with maybe 9 fuses. They should be labeled.

            Thanks, Bill S
            Ph 832-338-3080
            www.watt-tracker.com
            www.promotingevs.com